Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopped charging at Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Noob alert!)
So, for the first time I planned a trip home (where I have a charger), it estimated that I had < 30% when I got home, and I was thirsty. So, I stopped at a Super Charger and saw all the cooling things happening so I went into the store. When I returned (not very long after) it was off. No longer charging.

It did charge some, maybe 5%.

SO, why did it just stop charging? Was that based on what it knew about my trip?

In the car you can set a charging target. That target is used both for home charging as well as supercharging. Maybe you reached that target? The mobile app should have notified you, unless you turned those notifications off...
The supercharger itself could have died...

When you plugged in, did you check that charging had indeed started before going into the store? Sometimes a stall might be bad and charging won't start at all. EDIT: Oh, never mind this, you said it had charged 5%

Upvote 0
In the car you can set a charging target. That target is used both for home charging as well as supercharging. Maybe you reached that target? The mobile app should have notified you, unless you turned those notifications off...
The supercharger itself could have died...

When you plugged in, did you check that charging had indeed started before going into the store? Sometimes a stall might be bad and charging won't start at all. EDIT: Oh, never mind this, you said it had charged 5%
Yea, my charging target was 90%. It only got to around 35%

Upvote 0
I did not. I just went on my way. I'll try again on another trip sometime and maybe monitor more closely on the app. I just wasn't sure if there was any mechanism to know why it stopped...
I recommend you test it again at a different Supercharger, and if you still have issues then report it to Tesla through the app (you can schedule a service appointment).

Upvote 0