Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopped/parked cars not being shown on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is normal. You are actually in the "overhead/parking assist" view (as evidenced by the speaker icon in the upper left of your images). When you are in this view, the view shifts from displaying other cars/objects to the ultrasonic proximity squiggly lines. Even though you zoomed out the display, you will not see other cars in that view. Once the other cars get far enough away out of ultrasound range, the car will shift back to the 3D view where you will see cars in the visualization. This is probably why you saw the cars "flicker": they got far enough away.
RTPEV you sound knowledgeable. I took delivery of my Model Y 2 days ago. When I test drove a Model Y I noticed the screen displayed surrounding vehicular traffic as I was driving. Very cool! However, my new Model Y does not....just my vehicle in grey. I thought maybe because my cameras were not calibrated yet? I called Tesla service and he said that only the FSD autopilot allows this capability (which I was not told before purchase as I even mentioned to the Sales Rep how assistive the vehicle display of surrounding traffic was.) Dropped by Tesla, a service guy came out and said to turn on a couple of options at the top of the Autopilot page (sorry, can't remember the exact names right now) but that did not work when I drove home. Another Sales Rep said traffic should display regardless of AP so I have received conflicting opinions and still do not have a similar display to the test drive vehicle. I have a mobile service appointment set up but feel that someone should definitively know the answer. Thank you, a newbie p.s. on my Speedometer display I do not see vehicles in front, side, rear or parked cars nor is the 'speaker icon' displayed as you mentioned above. I do have full back-up camera in Reverse or selectable.

RTPEV you sound knowledgeable. I took delivery of my Model Y 2 days ago. When I test drove a Model Y I noticed the screen displayed surrounding vehicular traffic as I was driving. Very cool! However, my new Model Y does not....just my vehicle in grey. I thought maybe because my cameras were not calibrated yet? I called Tesla service and he said that only the FSD autopilot allows this capability (which I was not told before purchase as I even mentioned to the Sales Rep how assistive the vehicle display of surrounding traffic was.) Dropped by Tesla, a service guy came out and said to turn on a couple of options at the top of the Autopilot page (sorry, can't remember the exact names right now) but that did not work when I drove home. Another Sales Rep said traffic should display regardless of AP so I have received conflicting opinions and still do not have a similar display to the test drive vehicle. I have a mobile service appointment set up but feel that someone should definitively know the answer. Thank you, a newbie p.s. on my Speedometer display I do not see vehicles in front, side, rear or parked cars nor is the 'speaker icon' displayed as you mentioned above. I do have full back-up camera in Reverse or selectable.
It might be the camera calibration. I have a non-FSD car and have my screen in the 'FSD beta view' (forget what it's actually called) that shows stop signs and traffic lights, in addition to traffic around me like the standard view. I think you can select it in the Autopilot screen.

Post a pic.

AP_Foothills_Arastradero.jpg

It might be the camera calibration. I have a non-FSD car and have my screen in the 'FSD beta view' (forget what it's actually called) that shows stop signs and traffic lights, in addition to traffic around me like the standard view. I think you can select it in the Autopilot screen.
Yes, the service tech recommended that but it changed nothing. However, today it started working and I think it was because the cameras finally calibrated which, apparently, takes 30-40 miles and contact Tesla if not calibrated around 100 miles driven

It should definitely be showing cars around you. It will only show 1 lane over and will not show stopped vehicles (most of the time).
That is what I kept saying and was told that I need FSD/Autopilot vs. Basic Autopilot over the phone from Tesla service. However, today it started working and I think it was because the cameras finally calibrated which, apparently, takes 30-40 miles and contact Tesla if not calibrated around 100 miles driven

My screen looks like yours except my vehicle looks like the grey one (vs. black) to the left and the lanes are in grey vs. blue like yours; no traffic lights and the horizontal red line missing. However, today it started working and I think it was because the cameras finally calibrated which, apparently, takes 30-40 miles and contact Tesla if not calibrated around 100 miles driven. I find it amazing that a Tesla service over the phone rep. told me I had to have the FSD/Autopilot vs. Basic Autopilot package (enhanced no longer available) in order to show other vehicular traffic....not confidence building.

I selected the beta view and something else the service tech suggested, yesterday to no avail. However, today it started working and I think it was because the cameras finally calibrated which, apparently, takes 30-40 miles and contact Tesla if not calibrated around 100 miles driven. Kind non confidence building that a) no one agreed yesterday when I suggested the camera calibration issue and b) that I had to have purchased the FSD/Autopilot vs. Autopilot package to show vehicular traffic. It was such a simple question and surely happens to new car buyers all the time?

You should post a picture of your display as your description is vague.

My screen looks like yours except my vehicle looks like the grey one (vs. black) to the left and the lanes are in grey vs. blue like yours; no traffic lights and the horizontal red line missing. However, today it started working and I think it was because the cameras finally calibrated which, apparently, takes 30-40 miles and contact Tesla if not calibrated around 100 miles driven. I find it amazing that a Tesla service over the phone rep. told me I had to have the FSD/Autopilot vs. Basic Autopilot package (enhanced no longer available) in order to show other vehicular traffic....not confidence building.

That's interesting I'm having the same issue no cars on the screen but it shows everything else. My issue started when my monthly FSD expired. I had all the cars around me b4 I subscribed. But they dissapeared when my FSD expired. I started the recalibration I'll see how it goes.