Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopping Mode disappeared from Model X?

aix93

Feb 26, 2017
California
Is anyone else missing stopping mode on their Model X? We have a 2016 Model X 75D with AP 2.0 that was delivered in December 2016. Upgraded to 3.0, MCU 2, FSD, and currently on 2020.44.15. It used to appear in my driving settings but is no longer there. With all the recent updates, I don't know when it disappeared. We can no longer do one-pedal driving. Auto hill hold doesn't appear to be working either. We had both of these features for a long time.

We also have a 2018 Model 3, stopping mode still appears there in my 3's driving settings. Was really happy to get stopping mode on our X too, so I could do one-pedal driving on both cars.

Can any 2016 Model X or S AP 2.0 owners share their driving setting screens with me showing stopping mode options?

Thanks in advance,

DCGOO

Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
Is anyone else missing stopping mode on their Model X? We have a 2016 Model X 75D with AP 2.0 that was delivered in December 2016. Upgraded to 3.0, MCU 2, FSD, and currently on 2020.44.15. It used to appear in my driving settings but is no longer there. With all the recent updates, I don't know when it disappeared. We can no longer do one-pedal driving. Auto hill hold doesn't appear to be working either. We had both of these features for a long time.
We also have a 2018 Model 3, stopping mode still appears there in my 3's driving settings. Was really happy to get stopping mode on our X too, so I could do one-pedal driving on both cars.
Can any 2016 Model X or S AP 2.0 owners share their driving setting screens with me showing stopping mode options?
Thanks in advance,

That feature is limited to Ravens with the permanent magnet front motor. My October 2019 Model 3 has it. My June 2018 Model X does not. Both cars are on 2020.44.25. For my profile in the 3, I set stop mode to coast, so it more closely resembles the behavior of my X.

Last edited:

Les236

Jan 20, 2018
Kissimmee, FL, Boston, MA
I have never had this in my 2018 MX100D and was hoping to get it. I think you may have had a software glitch that gave it to you and now it is gone. I still drive 99% of the time with one pedal driving, only having to brake at the final moments before a stop sign or stop light.

Reactions: RedXowner

Les236

Jan 20, 2018
Kissimmee, FL, Boston, MA
Just finished driving my friend's M3 with auto stop/hold when letting off the accelerator. My MX, when on cruise, will come to a complete stop at a stop sign or traffic light, so why can't they have auto-stop/hold on a Pre-Raven MX?

• Disagree
Reactions: TrevTremaine

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC