Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stopping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has her car setup in the Hold mode under Driving and for some reason it does not always work as it did before, it seems to change to the Roll mode and the brake is needed more then she normally uses it. If we go back to the setting it show to still be in the Hold mode. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to correct it. Maybe one of the software updates changed something ?

I noticed something different about Hold yesterday, similar to your observation, but I wasn't sure if I did something by reversing a foot in a parking space and then going back into the drive mode. Probably a software update bug. I am going to try to toggle hold mode off and back on to see if it does anything, but it may just be something buggy in the current update.

My wife has her car setup in the Hold mode under Driving and for some reason it does not always work as it did before, it seems to change to the Roll mode and the brake is needed more then she normally uses it. If we go back to the setting it show to still be in the Hold mode. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to correct it. Maybe one of the software updates changed something ?

Is it possible it's colder where you are now, or (less likely) are you charging to 100%? The amount of regen available (which is effectively braking force) is significantly reduced if the battery is cold, or if the battery is over ~95% charge.

I've had mine in Hold mode since it was available many releases ago, but haven't noticed any change in behavior other than getting used to reduced regen when it's cold.

Is it possible it's colder where you are now, or (less likely) are you charging to 100%? The amount of regen available (which is effectively braking force) is significantly reduced if the battery is cold, or if the battery is over ~95% charge.

I've had mine in Hold mode since it was available many releases ago, but haven't noticed any change in behavior other than getting used to reduced regen when it's cold.

This ⬆️. Have experienced this recently and it also caught me off guard.