Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storage Bag for MY aero hubcaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rbcopod

‘22 MYLR MSM FSD
Oct 28, 2021
South Florida
Having recently acquired Rimterix laminar hubcaps for my MYLR, I’d like to have suitable storage for the original aero hubcaps.

There are a number of bags specifically created for model 3 aero hubcaps, but they are slightly smaller than the Y hubcaps.

In the comments on Amazon and elsewhere there are multiple purchasers who seem to indicate that the Y hubcaps barely fit or don’t fit well at all.

Does anyone have experience with a product that adequately fits the model Y hubcaps?

Thanks.

Having recently acquired Rimterix laminar hubcaps for my MYLR, I’d like to have suitable storage for the original aero hubcaps.

There are a number of bags specifically created for model 3 aero hubcaps, but they are slightly smaller than the Y hubcaps.

In the comments on Amazon and elsewhere there are multiple purchasers who seem to indicate that the Y hubcaps barely fit or don’t fit well at all.

Does anyone have experience with a product that adequately fits the model Y hubcaps?
I got the ROCCS Storage Bag and it's fine. It's snug for the 19" Aero covers -- like it was made for them. There is no tension on the zipper when I close it. Each cover is protected. Several of the reviews say the same thing for 19". I'm glad it's not smaller but no real need for it to be bigger.

The first time I used it there was a moment of apprehension that it might not be big enough but it was fine. If I needed to use it multiple times per day I might want something slightly bigger to save myself a few seconds but this is great for what it does. I would certainly buy it again. It's not embarrassingly cheap nor embarrassingly ostentatious.

Reactions: rbcopod
Upvote 0

Thanks.
I have the Rimetrix and I stored my original covers in a holiday wreath storage container each original cover in the Rimetrix shipping cover.

Works perfectly

Reactions: rbcopod
Upvote 0