Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storage for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't really think about storage when I recently bought my Model S last week but now I'm trying to move all my stuff from my old car to the new and there's darn few places to store things within the driver's reach. Actually amazing to me that they haven't put in at least door pockets or a small drawer for spare change. Not that I wouldn't have bought the car anyway because I do love it.

So I'm looking for peoples experience on creating storage that the driver can reach. Space to put my change, tissue box, umbrella, sunglasses, notepad, pens, chapstick...

Figure I'll get a sunglasses clip for the visor. Putting change in the old center armrest cupholders cause they are certainly in the wrong place to put cups! Thinking of getting a cloth storage box to position on the back floor (I seldom have rear passengers). Like this: Amazon.com: Best Premium Auto Trunk Organizer - Ideal for Vehicles SUV Van Car Truck - Strong Beautiful Multipurpose, Eco-Friendly, Customizable compartments, Non-Skid Bottom, 11 pockets, Foldable: Automotive

Looking for any storage advice from Tesla Veterans.

My wife, is a clutter bug. It put a SECOND big grin on my face when she got into her Model S and asked where all the pockets were. "But where do I put my trash?" Out of the car honey, where it belongs was my reply.

So far, her new car has stayed remarkably cleaner than her old one. Time will tell if it holds up that way.

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
My wife, is a clutter bug. It put a SECOND big grin on my face when she got into her Model S and asked where all the pockets were. "But where do I put my trash?" Out of the car honey, where it belongs was my reply.
That made me laugh :p

My wife and I are both pretty neat. We love the Model S interior. Glove box is a bit small, however.

My husband's response is: you're not supposed to carry all that stuff. I keep lots of stuff. Is there room along the side of the seat on the door side for the umbrella? I used keep mine there in previous cars.
Unfortunately I'm a packrat when I take roadtrips.
I love no clutter and the open feeling and beauty of the yacht floor. I was disappointed that I was forced to get the console in my recent S. There it sits -empty.......

I loved the yacht floor, unfortunately I just got my Tesla so it has the not very useful mega cup holder thingy. Unfortunately most the discussions on storage in here relate to putting something where the yacht floor was and that's no longer an option.

i owned one but from Xiaomage, not from TrunkCratePro.
I've had other organizers before and typically they aren't rigid enough to keep things separated properly and would crush under a gym bag or folding chair.
trunk organizer.jpg

There is a small pocket on the front of the driver seat, I had the car two years before I found it. I carry my 380 Ruger there but would hold your change or small items

I see that you are in KnoxVegas and my daughter is a student at UT and wanted to know if the SpC at Turkey Creek is now functioning again? Recently, Tesla had marked it as non-functional but then I saw where some forum members actually charged at that facility without any issues. Any insight that you can provide?

I didn't really think about storage when I recently bought my Model S last week but now I'm trying to move all my stuff from my old car to the new and there's darn few places to store things within the driver's reach. Actually amazing to me that they haven't put in at least door pockets or a small drawer for spare change. Not that I wouldn't have bought the car anyway because I do love it.

So I'm looking for peoples experience on creating storage that the driver can reach. Space to put my change, tissue box, umbrella, sunglasses, notepad, pens, chapstick...

Figure I'll get a sunglasses clip for the visor. Putting change in the old center armrest cupholders cause they are certainly in the wrong place to put cups! Thinking of getting a cloth storage box to position on the back floor (I seldom have rear passengers). Like this: Amazon.com: Best Premium Auto Trunk Organizer - Ideal for Vehicles SUV Van Car Truck - Strong Beautiful Multipurpose, Eco-Friendly, Customizable compartments, Non-Skid Bottom, 11 pockets, Foldable: Automotive

Looking for any storage advice from Tesla Veterans.
i also looking for a storage box to store my sunglasses or umbrellas or something else small, recently i find a wooden drawer from amazon, it can be placed under the center console. now i am looking for more information about the center console wooden drawer organizer box.