Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storage solutions for second and third rows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a six seat MX coming in December and I've been pondering the dilemma of those beautiful (but pocket-less) seatbacks. See, I have two kids, eight and four, and between all that open floor space and no pockets I'm imagining books, toys, and worse sliding around.

Has anyone found a good solution for small storage? Much like the thread about iPad mounts, the lack of removable headrests limits a lot of the standard solutions out there. I've found some big fabric bins that sit on the floor but that's not my ideal solution (takes up too much space) and without my X to take measurements I haven't been confident about fit.

I use diono's travel pal. It fits perfectly on the floor below the second row air vents / cup holder. I have 3 kids and holds enough for us. also have seat protectors that have 3 pockets /protector.
Thanks Lucky! Mind linking to the seat protectors you're using? I love Diono's stuff in general but didn't realize they made something like the Travel Pal - it looks great!

Also, are you a 6 or 7 seat configuration?

I have a 6 seater. I'm using the summer infant elite duomat premium 2n1. What a mouthful. Diono + any protector is a PITA to install. What I found is you'll need to do micro tightening in a few days as the protector starts to form to the X long with the car seats.

I tried several protectors and liked SI the best.