Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Store/Service/Delivery Center - Central Jersey - Lawrenceville NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked the site a week ago and there is absolutely no visible progress compared to my photos from June. Unfortunately, something seems to have stopped the project. No idea if it is permitting, inspections, a shift in the target opening date, etc.
Argh! Thanks for the update - was hoping to be able to schedule annual service there this fall, but looks like we'll still be out of Devon, PA.

I drove by on Saturday 9/15 looks like the building is done but, no equipment in the service area yet and no sighs on the building or in the shopping center. hope this opens soon.

Just to clarify, I think Sparrow means "exterior" is done. The building lacks interior walls, fixtures, etc., as well as any heavy equipment, furniture, IT gear, etc. that will need to be installed to begin operations. Unfortunately, the entire summer seems to have been wasted. I wonder if there is a permitting issue or something.

Doh! Thanks for checking - I keep secretly hoping you will one day post, “Looks like they’re just waiting for the paint to dry!” But I suspect they’re still working through delivery hell and simply can’t/don’t/won’t divert resources to new stores and SCs at this time. Maybe end of Q1 2019?

Doh! Thanks for checking - I keep secretly hoping you will one day post, “Looks like they’re just waiting for the paint to dry!” But I suspect they’re still working through delivery hell and simply can’t/don’t/won’t divert resources to new stores and SCs at this time. Maybe end of Q1 2019?

I was here this past weekend. The building itself looks done aside from any Tesla branding. But the interior is no where close. There’s no shop equipment as an example.

It makes me wonder if they’re actually trying to transfer the dealer license as someone previously mentioned or if they’re in the background pushing for additional licenses.

I heard recently that the delay is due to government regulations that allow a limited number of Tesla stores in NJ, and so they either need to close/merge a store into the Princeton store, or they have to somehow get permission to add another location in the state. Not sure if that's correct or not, just relaying what I've heard.

I think New York has a similar restriction, but I can’t believe they’d put in the time and effort to buildout the facility, lease the land, etc., unless they were REALLY sure they could open it? While it might not be ideal, they could keep it as just a service center, though I’m sure that’s not ideal from their perspective.

I heard recently that the delay is due to government regulations that allow a limited number of Tesla stores in NJ, and so they either need to close/merge a store into the Princeton store, or they have to somehow get permission to add another location in the state. Not sure if that's correct or not, just relaying what I've heard.
That was discussed in the beginning of the thread. They will just turn another location into a gallery and not do actual sales there anymore. Or they could just use this one for service and not sales.

I suspect its just that they don't want to devote the resources, both cash and personal to opening a new facility right now.

That was discussed in the beginning of the thread. They will just turn another location into a gallery and not do actual sales there anymore. Or they could just use this one for service and not sales.

I suspect its just that they don't want to devote the resources, both cash and personal to opening a new facility right now.

Or more difficulty than anticipated in switching an existing dealer into a gallery. Due to “dealer” requirements and ownership.

The SC is definitely needed to bridge the gap between Springfield and Cherry Hill (both in NJ and PA) based on the online scheduler, it wasn’t uncommon for me to see Cherry Hill being a 1-2 week window, Springfield 1-2 mo, and Paramus 1-2 ml the away.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
When I was at Devon the other week (and they were slammed...) I asked about the new SC and they said they weren’t totally sure what the hold-up was, but speculated a lack of resources to manage the project, hoarding cash for Q4, etc and presumed it MAY see progress in Q1 2019.

They stressed this was all their opinion, though, and had zero inside knowledge of specifics.