Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Store/Service/Delivery Center - Central Jersey - Lawrenceville NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw lot of activity in the service bay yesterday. A couple of Tesla's inside but the entrances to the lot were blocked off by cones. From the looks of it, they seem to be still finishing things: maybe dry runs or equipment calibration or training. People are in there, stuff is happening but it's not there yet. This location has been such a tease for years.

I stopped by last weekend and saw they have a few cars in the building (showroom, not repairs), wall art, and even a little furniture. Definitely not fully complete in terms of furnishings and marketing materials, but it is great to see progress after the one-year delay!

Saw some computers and desks in there Sunday...yesterday. Tons of boxes piled up at curb. I have almost 30,000 miles on my model three and have yet to take it in to the shop. Not that it needs it, but it will be great to have a service station 10 minutes from the house. I imagine I will have to take it in at some point. Love this car

Drove by today. Parking lot is roped off, but there were several non-Teslas parked, presumably the staff. Lights on and a few people visible inside. Lots of equipment, much of it still plastic wrapped. But looks like they are going to be able to open the service section at the back relatively soon. Ironically, right across the road from the Porche dealer. Which has piled up inventory everywhere, including in a satellite lot behind Tesla. About 8 chargers installed, green lights on, but coned off. Hoping it opens soon! That part of the mall is buzzing. New Shake Shack just opened right behind this location, and the lines are out the door!

Drove by today. Parking lot is roped off, but there were several non-Teslas parked, presumably the staff. Lights on and a few people visible inside. Lots of equipment, much of it still plastic wrapped. But looks like they are going to be able to open the service section at the back relatively soon. Ironically, right across the road from the Porche dealer. Which has piled up inventory everywhere, including in a satellite lot behind Tesla. About 8 chargers installed, green lights on, but coned off. Hoping it opens soon! That part of the mall is buzzing. New Shake Shack just opened right behind this location, and the lines are out the door!

I went to that Shake Shack a couple of times already. You can't exit directly onto route 1 from the parking lot, you actually have to take the back way which takes you right next to the Tesla building. Pretty easy way to check up on it. Hope it opens soon!

Quick fly-by lat last night - entrance still coned off. Tesla sign/lettering is on the building. Seems filled / furnished and otherwise ready to go.

I would have expected them to open by now to at least help deliveries (if not service), but it feels like that's punted to the new year.

To put in perspective, I once thought this site might arrive in 4Q 2017 and that I might get my Model 3 delivered there. I took delivery in early 1Q 2018 at Springfield. They told me the "Princeton" site was coming soon.o_O

It's a long wait to finally get something in the middle of the state.

Quick fly-by lat last night - entrance still coned off. Tesla sign/lettering is on the building. Seems filled / furnished and otherwise ready to go.

I would have expected them to open by now to at least help deliveries (if not service), but it feels like that's punted to the new year.

To put in perspective, I once thought this site might arrive in 4Q 2017 and that I might get my Model 3 delivered there. I took delivery in early 1Q 2018 at Springfield. They told me the "Princeton" site was coming soon.o_O

It's a long wait to finally get something in the middle of the state.
Yeah, especially inasmuch as -- or maybe because -- they managed to build and get licensed an entire Gigafactory ½ across the world in literally 1/2 the amount of time.

• Funny
Reactions: pharma5
Yeah, especially inasmuch as -- or maybe because -- they managed to build and get licensed an entire Gigafactory ½ across the world in literally 1/2 the amount of time.

Bit more history:
When I got my Roadster at the start of 2012, the only NJ service option would have been in Manhattan. (Since I was buying it from Chicago, got the annual done there before shipping the car to NJ).

The original Philly SC (Norristown, PA) appeared about a year later, which became my service center for a few years. They later moved to the bigger site in Devon, PA, which I also visited. Fortunately, I also worked in Bucks County PA during that time, no longer the case.

In NJ, we got Paramus, Springfield, and eventually Cherry Hill. Busy encircling NYC and Philly, but still nothing in the middle of NJ. Of those, I've only used Cherry Hill so far.

It's taken a long time to get something truly local. As I've lived in central NJ the entire time, I probably watch the budding Lawrence SC with a bit too much attention.:rolleyes:

Reactions: thisisdiddy
Sorry unrelated to the thread but @pharma5 I saw your roadster at the Cherry Hill service last July when I was there test driving before ordering my Model S. I remember seeing the 25th Roadster in green and being awed by it.
Thanks, @patelhiren. I was lucky in the timing when I was ready to buy. On google maps for Devon, a user posted a nighttime pic of it while in for service ~3 yrs ago.:)

I don't know if the Lawrence SC will get its own Roadster technician, so F#25 might only show up there for occasional charging. Fingers crossed for everyone that the SC opening will finally happen soon.

No jobs listed for Lawrenceville, NJ on the Tesla website.

Also, Tesla is limited by law to 4 stores in NJ. They have Cherry Hill, Springfield, Paramus, and Short Hill's mall. There is a gallery listed in Paramus but have not been there, It is in a mall.

Maybe they just open a service center with no sales, or they call the Store in the Short Hill's mall a gallery and try to get away with it.

Have my doubts it is opening, but it would be a good location for service. Lot's of Tesla's in Princeton.

Tesla's website now lists this location for service.

upload_2019-12-27_2-21-31.png

• Love
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
That 609 number seems to be working, and when I called that number it took me through same Tesla call options. However for service scheduling, when I log in on my iPhone to set up a service call, it does not show option for Princeton yet. Perhaps, it may open soon (my wishful thinking!!).