Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Store/Service/Delivery Center - Central Jersey - Lawrenceville NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We didn't realize it's right beside the Porsche dealership. Drove by last night by chance, as we were visiting ShakeShack.

It looks to be nearly open. Signs are up, lobby is small, but has a few tables/chairs, art work, lightning, and desks. Not all arranged in a final form. Service area had a couple cars in it, and people were cleaning up. Lots of new equipment and probably 100+ tires stacked up in different parts of hte building. Also around 4 active AC chargers, but surprisingly did not see ANY DC chargers outside.

The part about it maybe not be a sales location, could be valid. The lobby would fit a MAX of 3 cars, probably more like 2 comfortably... So there is that as well.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
This location is definitely opening soon. I drove by it yesterday. Exterior of the building looks like it's completely finished. Inside, I could see furniture that's been setup and also some kiosks/tables with video screens. There were people inside who appeared to be regular employees (i.e. not construction workers doing building work), I'm guessing either new SAs being trained or possibly management personnel getting the showroom setup.

We didn't realize it's right beside the Porsche dealership. Drove by last night by chance, as we were visiting ShakeShack.

It looks to be nearly open. Signs are up, lobby is small, but has a few tables/chairs, art work, lightning, and desks. Not all arranged in a final form. Service area had a couple cars in it, and people were cleaning up. Lots of new equipment and probably 100+ tires stacked up in different parts of hte building. Also around 4 active AC chargers, but surprisingly did not see ANY DC chargers outside.

The part about it maybe not be a sales location, could be valid. The lobby would fit a MAX of 3 cars, probably more like 2 comfortably... So there is that as well.

I'm leaning towards this being a sales location in addition to a service center. It looks like a sales area in the front of the building with the furniture that's in there and it seems to be separated from the service area that's in the back of the building. I agree that the showroom area isn't huge, but it's bigger than it first appears. I think you could fit 3 vehicles in there pretty easily. It is strange though, that Tesla shows it only as an SC on their website, maybe the service area will open first with the sales area to follow?

In any case, I'm pumped that we're getting a location in Central NJ.

Thanks for the updates, locals! (As a PA resident right across the river, this is going to be amazing!)

As others have noted, if this truly becomes a “sales” location, wouldn’t they be exceeding their current permissible state-imposed limit? Does that mean a current “sales” location must close? Is there some language in the recent $5000 NJ EV rebate that’s allowing for this change?

it's funny - I just went to make a mock appointment just to see the schedule on the app -- the earliest it allowed me to make one was JAN 29th, and the existing location at cherry hill had one several days sooner. this location is already getting more demand than cherry hill

Photos today
20200112_102754.jpg
20200112_102901.jpg
20200112_103008.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

Well I guess we now have conclusive proof that this will be a sales location in addition to service. Still haven’t been able to confirm if NJ passed a new law to allow Tesla to have additional locations, or it they’re shutting down one of the north jersey locations in order to open this one.

They're probably turning the Short Hills mall location into a Gallery the same way they did with Garden State Plaza.

Reactions: Shateam
Thanks for the pics!

Well I guess we now have conclusive proof that this will be a sales location in addition to service. Still haven’t been able to confirm if NJ passed a new law to allow Tesla to have additional locations, or it they’re shutting down one of the north jersey locations in order to open this one.

My pleasure :) I live 3 miles from the Mercer Mall. I am not a Tesla car owner yet, but this and the upcoming $5000 rebate give me the incentive to go for a Model 3.