Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Store/Service/Delivery Center - Central Jersey - Lawrenceville NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla store has opened today (Jan 14th 2020). I just walked in and they had several cars for viewing/test driving. Today was the first day they have a license to sell cars.

The service center opened a couple of weeks ago.

They are also selling Tesla roofs/power walls.
TeslaLawrencevilleNJ.jpeg

While opening up the Lawrenceville service & sales center is good new, just found out GEICO's quote for Tesla Model 3 is $1800 a year more than that of a Honda CRV. This is going to wipe out all potential saving from the Model 3 :(
Now need to start getting quotes from other insurance companies ....

While opening up the Lawrenceville service & sales center is good new, just found out GEICO's quote for Tesla Model 3 is $1800 a year more than that of a Honda CRV. This is going to wipe out all potential saving from the Model 3 :(

Try NJM, they're usually pretty reasonable. I have GEICO for my current ICE, but I'll probably be switching once I get the 3.

Does anyone know when the $5k NJ rebate will go into effect? The bill says within 90 days but my Altima just broke down so I'm just waiting on this to order my tesla. From what i've read, the program will be administered by nj board of public utilities but I don't see any mention of it on their website.

Does anyone know when the $5k NJ rebate will go into effect? The bill says within 90 days but my Altima just broke down so I'm just waiting on this to order my tesla. From what i've read, the program will be administered by nj board of public utilities but I don't see any mention of it on their website.

Is this the final bill? It says "No later than 180 days".

upload_2020-1-20_23-25-4.png

I'm in for service this morning, so thought I'd post while I wait. (Clipped a mirror pulling into my garage, because I did an odd dance with parking near the house while moving my wife's car which apparently confused the Tesla's geo-fence for auto-fold of mirrors, and months of ingrained "I don't need to be aware of the mirrors" behavior on my part meant I wasn't aware of the mirrors.)

As others have hypothesized in this thread, the Lawrenceville/Princeton location did in fact pull the sales license from Short Hills and convert the Short Hills location into a gallery. So you can no longer do a test drive in Short Hills, you can only do an "experience drive" ;) because Short Hills can't sell you a car or help you configure it. The 4-sales-sites-only legal restriction remains unchanged.

Seems to be a solid team assembled here (though my service is still underway, just a competent prep and intake process observed so far), and a great location in Mercer Mall with plenty of places to go if you're in for a long service appointment. There's an S, X, and a 3 in the lobby, and a couple of energy-kiosk displays with solar panels and PowerWalls. The service area and delivery-prep bays are huge (compared to Cherry Hill at least).

And, it appears my car has been allocated an FSD computer, so I may have the distinction of being this location's first retrofit.

I'm in for service this morning, so thought I'd post while I wait. (Clipped a mirror pulling into my garage, because I did an odd dance with parking near the house while moving my wife's car which apparently confused the Tesla's geo-fence for auto-fold of mirrors, and months of ingrained "I don't need to be aware of the mirrors" behavior on my part meant I wasn't aware of the mirrors.)

As others have hypothesized in this thread, the Lawrenceville/Princeton location did in fact pull the sales license from Short Hills and convert the Short Hills location into a gallery. So you can no longer do a test drive in Short Hills, you can only do an "experience drive" ;) because Short Hills can't sell you a car or help you configure it. The 4-sales-sites-only legal restriction remains unchanged.

Seems to be a solid team assembled here (though my service is still underway, just a competent prep and intake process observed so far), and a great location in Mercer Mall with plenty of places to go if you're in for a long service appointment. There's an S, X, and a 3 in the lobby, and a couple of energy-kiosk displays with solar panels and PowerWalls. The service area and delivery-prep bays are huge (compared to Cherry Hill at least).

And, it appears my car has been allocated an FSD computer, so I may have the distinction of being this location's first retrofit.
What year/model is you car? I was also just there for service (with great all around experience). I’m also due for FSD upgrade, but was told it’s being done by VIN bins, and it’s not my turn yet . So, curious if there is rhyme or reason to it.

What year/model is you car? ... So, curious if there is rhyme or reason to it.

2018, November delivery. Bought FSD after-the-fact while discounted down to $2K, I think that was ~March while trying to mitigate a miss on quarterly earnings expectations. No clue what the process is, if VIN or how long you've been waiting since paying or other factors (or total opportunistic randomness!) impacts when your number comes up.

Yeah, shop around. I'm with Progressive at about $600/year for each of my Model 3's. Also, odd my Performance is the very same price as the Long Range Rear wheel drive.

What year/model is you car? I was also just there for service (with great all around experience). I’m also due for FSD upgrade, but was told it’s being done by VIN bins, and it’s not my turn yet . So, curious if there is rhyme or reason to it.

They did my FSD upgrade last week, wound up leaving it overnight as they said they had an issue getting the software to download. VIN # 97k

So I got my FSD upgrade done... they had the car for about 30 hours* - no loaner, but fairly generous Uber credits. It's basically like having a new car from a setup standpoint, all data is gone and I need to go through entry of driver profiles, radio stations, etc. Saw traffic cones and stop signs immediately - not sure if that means the calibration-drive was done for me or if those FSD features work even before that. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play around with anything much as I just drove across the street to the body shop since I'm the guy from the "attacked by a herd of deer" thread and need to get those repairs done now.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
So I got my FSD upgrade done... they had the car for about 30 hours*

Sorry, had meant to use the asterisk * as a follow-up to say:
The amount of time it took was a bit of a surprise, considering I've seen others say they got the car back in only a few hours, dropping off in the morning and picking up just after lunch. Unclear if it's just a function of how the process works, or learning curve for a new site, or what. Regardless given Nelson and I had the same experience, I'd advise anyone getting an FSD retrofit done to assume it will be a leave-overnight situation.

You beat me, I'm going in Tuesday and thought I was going to be the first at this location - do you know if you were the first retrofit. Congrats though @Nelson ... curious, did you drop off in the morning and they kept it all day plus overnight? Did they give you a loaner or Uber credits or what?

I did drop off first thing in the morning, they told me it should be done late afternoon. Tried calling around 3 and could not get anyone on the line so I Uber'd back over. Was told that the hardware install is a quick process but they tried 3 times to get the software uploaded and it wasn't working, since it was Friday they said they'd have to keep it for the weekend since they weren't open Sat/Sun. They then put me in a Model S loaner and said to come back on Monday. They actually wound up getting the software uploaded and finished the car later that night as I got a text saying it was ready. Monday morning they had the car all ready and fully charged for me and I didn't lose all the settings like some others have commented.