Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Store/Service/Delivery Center - Central Jersey - Lawrenceville NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @Nelson - interesting that your settings were kept and mine weren't, I figured maybe this was due to learning curve at this site (maybe they didn't know how to backup and restore settings?) but clearly they are capable of doing so since your retrofit was done before mine. Maybe they just consider it optional and only do a settings restore if things are slow (or to make up for keeping a car over a weekend). I had the same story about software not cooperating at the end of day 1 (I called a few minutes before closing time as no one had contacted me all day) and it was ready the afternoon of day 2.

I went there yesterday for new tires. Seems electric torque has raised my aggressive driving level and lowered my tire life. I have just over 30k miles on my RWD Model 3 and the back tires were very smooth. I had 4 new ties installed and the brakes cleaned and lubed. I got there at 8:30 and was alone upstairs as I worked on my laptop. I received a notice on my phone at around 9:15 that the car was ready. I paid with the app using my credit card that is on file for Super charging and was on my way. Just about a perfect car service visit. The only critique I would give Tesla is a human contact prior to the visit or more info in the app. I wanted to know an estimate for the cost prior to going which I never got from Tesla. I did contact my local tire shop so I knew the tires were about $269 each. In the end Tesla charge $280 per tire and $195 for the brake clean and lube. Way better then driving to Springfield! Thanks Tesla.

Reactions: KerryOH
I went there yesterday for new tires. Seems electric torque has raised my aggressive driving level and lowered my tire life. I have just over 30k miles on my RWD Model 3 and the back tires were very smooth. I had 4 new ties installed and the brakes cleaned and lubed. I got there at 8:30 and was alone upstairs as I worked on my laptop. I received a notice on my phone at around 9:15 that the car was ready. I paid with the app using my credit card that is on file for Super charging and was on my way. Just about a perfect car service visit. The only critique I would give Tesla is a human contact prior to the visit or more info in the app. I wanted to know an estimate for the cost prior to going which I never got from Tesla. I did contact my local tire shop so I knew the tires were about $269 each. In the end Tesla charge $280 per tire and $195 for the brake clean and lube. Way better then driving to Springfield! Thanks Tesla.

Sounds like a great experience!

Did you they give you any details on what they did with the brakes? There isn’t really anything to lube, and honestly not much to clean. Was it the brake fluid that they flushed?

Sounds like a great experience!

Did you they give you any details on what they did with the brakes? There isn’t really anything to lube, and honestly not much to clean. Was it the brake fluid that they flushed?

If you check the Model 3 owners manual online you will see that of course the Maintenance section is very small. Below is what the manual says about brakes on page 162.

"Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles"

I am already at 19 months and 30k miles so I asked them to do it. I have seen a few videos online on how to do it. Seems remarkable easy to do yourself but as I do not have a jack, stands or much garage space I decided to let them do it.

Reactions: rob968
While opening up the Lawrenceville service & sales center is good new, just found out GEICO's quote for Tesla Model 3 is $1800 a year more than that of a Honda CRV. This is going to wipe out all potential saving from the Model 3 :(
Now need to start getting quotes from other insurance companies ....

I’ve been with GEICO for 15 years with a clean driving record. When I switched to EVs in 2016 with my Model S, they quoted me something ridiculous. I ditched them and went with Liberty Mutual. Rate was actually lower than my Range Rover that I sold. Now my wife 2019 MX and my 2016 MS are both insured by them. Side note, I believe the Tesla insurance in CA is underwritten by Liberty Mutual.

• Helpful
Reactions: TTinNJ
Revisiting this thread after a quiet couple of years here, prompted by a pleasant SC experience there last week (and another great one last summer).

This is a VERY busy delivery and service location - I would so far as to they have objectively outgrown the real estate footprint (and they are using the outer portions of the QuakerBridge Mall parking lot to stash sometimes hundreds of vehicles waiting for delivery). My only complaint about my service last week is that the instructions in the app told me to park in a spot across from the service bay, but all spots were taken, there were vehicles parked in the entryway (blocking other vehicles in the service spots), and I got the literally last open spot in the sales area at the front of the building. I also had to wait close to two weeks for my appointment, but it was a minor issue and the wait was OK.

Last summer (2021), I think a couple days before July 4, my 12V battery died and I woke up to a totally bricked car. It was towed to Princeton SC and showed up unexpectedly, and they worked me in on a holiday weekend while they were understaffed and had me out of there in less than 2 hours. Earned a lot of goodwill with me that day.

Another good experience last week - they offered me Uber credits, but estimated the work would be done within a couple hours so I opted to wait in the showroom. Did a work meeting on high-speed/high-quality WiFi, sat in the Model S Plaid in the gallery for a few minutes, and when they came to get me (after just 90 minutes) they reported that they were able to resolve my issue without needing any parts, and I got out of there for free. (Issue was a slow leak in a tire - I feared it could be a puncture, but turned out to be a loose connection to the TPMS, which they tightened up and has been stable since.)