Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storing Tesla for winter - tow mode indefinitely? wheel chocks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to storing the M3LR for the winter and wanted to know if anyone had info on storing the car in tow/transport mode "indefinitely" (more like 6 months)? I normally use wheel chocks for my ICE vehicles and roll it into the chocks in Neutral, then shift to park (never using the parking brakes). This is to prevent the parking brakes from possibly freezing/seizing.

With the Tesla, Park activates the parking brakes. I thought about maybe rolling it into the chocks in neutral, then letting it set the parking brakes but tow mode seems to be the ticket. I just don't know if the car be stored this way indefinitely or if it automatically engages the parking brakes after awhile.

I also planned to reduce charge limit to 50%, leaving it plugged in, and throw some dryer sheets inside the car.

The car will “park” itself after some period of inactivity. I don’t think there’s anything you can do to prevent it, and I don’t think there’s any reason to.

Park car. Plug in. Set to 50%. Bonus points for airing up the tires nice and high. That’s about it.

Reactions: metroplex
Thanks. I did find out that in transport mode, as soon as I plug in the car it beeps the horn and engages the parking brake. I did use the wheel chocks though in neutral. So at least the parking brakes aren't actually holding the vehicle. Will throw some dryer sheets in and air the tires.