Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch for tropical storms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My system did, and I heard from another user on Reddit in my area that their’s did as well. Granted, this was back on Sunday or Monday when it was predicted that the storm would become a cat1 before passing by the west coast of FL. I assume you’re looking for input from people in the north east though.

Good to know it at least activated for something near Cat1 strength.

Here in the northeast mine have not activated even though there are 50-70mph winds and many inches of rain. About 10k without power in the state right now, which isn’t that bad considering. Fingers crossed not us since we o lot have 20% reserve left.

Good to know it at least activated for something near Cat1 strength.

Here in the northeast mine have not activated even though there are 50-70mph winds and many inches of rain. About 10k without power in the state right now, which isn’t that bad considering. Fingers crossed not us since we o lot have 20% reserve left.

Best of luck. Our system activated for the Tropical Storm warning as well as hurricane. I got 2 separate notifications 1 day apart, if I’m remembering right.

from my experience, and also reading here, stormwatch mode seems to be a bit of a black box, but one thing that seems to be for sure is, it will only activate for the highest level of national weather system warnings for the weather type. Not sure it happens for all of them, but am almost positive that it will not activate if the NWS alert is not the highest level for that type.

from my experience, and also reading here, stormwatch mode seems to be a bit of a black box, but one thing that seems to be for sure is, it will only activate for the highest level of national weather system warnings for the weather type. Not sure it happens for all of them, but am almost positive that it will not activate if the NWS alert is not the highest level for that type.
It does seem to only activate for some warnings, but my limited experience (since we should not get too many such storms around here) is that it does activate for Tropical Storm Warnings, and not just Hurricane Warnings. But, you have to have the warning in your location - even if it happens to be one mile away (and I am 1 mile from our county & state border) it will not activate.

It is also worth noting that Tesla does claim that their system learns, so while it seems like there may be some standard triggers (including Tropical Storm, Hurricane, Tornado, Winter Storm, Ice, and Red Flag Warnings) and others that do not trigger (Thunderstorm Warnings come to mind) it is also possible it does vary by location, or might in the future.