Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch in MD 9/3/2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Storm watch is on here. Thing is, it is an absolutely perfect, sunny, pleasant September afternoon, with no chance of storms. Weather service indicates no issues of any type - not even a watch, advisory, or special weather statement for us.

However, there is a flood warning for part the Potomac river, which does not affect us (the NWS Warning is clearly not for our area) but covers a part of our county. This is my best guess as to what (other than bug/error) is triggering the event. I did notice as the remnants of Ida passed through and we had actual flood warnings that storm watch did turn on, which seems to be a new behavior for here. So, perhaps they are expanding their criteria in general. But, in this case, it really makes no sense.

I'm on the other coast, but observe the same essential behavior. SW kicks in when we have true local events (awesome) but also kicks in when we have "nearby" events that technically do not impact me directly. I basically turn off SW when my opinion is that the event will not impact me and then turn it back on when the event is over. It's not a critical issue either way from my perspective, since the actual protection and preparation piece has worked extremely well.

I'm on the other coast, but observe the same essential behavior. SW kicks in when we have true local events (awesome) but also kicks in when we have "nearby" events that technically do not impact me directly. I basically turn off SW when my opinion is that the event will not impact me and then turn it back on when the event is over. It's not a critical issue either way from my perspective, since the actual protection and preparation piece has worked extremely well.
I have SW turned off, so no worries this time of the year with good solar

The storm passed us yesterday morning and the app was continue to be in SW mode later in the day. The same was this morning so I just turned it off manually. The PW switched to regular mode some time later.

The storm passed us yesterday morning and the app was continue to be in SW mode later in the day. The same was this morning so I just turned it off manually. The PW switched to regular mode some time later.
I have seen a delay in turning off sometimes, but in this case, it was off yesterday and came back on at some point today. (With backup-only gone, it is harder to know exactly when it turned on, since I previously would see a short spike as the PW filled from 98% to 100%.)

I’m in MA and am still in Storm Watch. SW shut off Thursday AM after the tornado warning ended but came back on a few hours later.
if you want to get rid of it - basically return PW to the mode it was before - you can do what I did. Tur off SW in settings. It takes some time tor reset. When PWs are back to "normal' mode you can turn SW mode back if you desire.