Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch Just Activated in SoCal 11/19/2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Storm Watch is on in an area where power is shut down that's rather pointless, isn't it?
Sort of. You do get at least 24 hour notice prior. For example, Storm Watch for this round was initiated 3 days before the actual Red Flag event was to occur. So anyone with a PW could have utilized it before they actually shut off the power.

Yeah, if it was a sudden thing without prior warning and you cannot charge from the grid because they cut the power, then it would be pointless

Reactions: jboy210
Sort of. You do get at least 24 hour notice prior. For example, Storm Watch for this round was initiated 3 days before the actual Red Flag event was to occur. So anyone with a PW could have utilized it before they actually shut off the power.

Yeah, if it was a sudden thing without prior warning and you cannot charge from the grid because they cut the power, then it would be pointless
Agree. In all of the incidences of forecasted power outages, we have had an adequate warning to charge the Powerwalls to 100% prior to the actual outage.

Reactions: skepticcyclist
I’m still trying to figure out why I’m on storm watch…my system has been acting funky ever since being updated to 21.39.1 7759c368
I am too. Even though I turned it off this morning and the NWS canceled it hours ago.

Attachments

• 4D0726F4-59CF-44FE-989C-68299EC64C2D.png
    4D0726F4-59CF-44FE-989C-68299EC64C2D.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: SilverSp33d3r