Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in RI and Sunday night my powerwalls activated storm watch mode for a storm that happened on Monday. Everything worked great but my powerwalls are still in storm watch mode as of Tuesday morning long after the storm and warnings expired. Is there usually a lag on deactivated the mode?

My experience with stormwatch mode (having had it activate 3-4 times since my Jan 6th 2020 install) is that it seems to be set to run for the period of the Weather service alert. For example, in our case, it was activated each time for "high wind warnings" that could down power lines. These alerts showed up in my weather app (dark sky) as alerts from the national weather service for the area I live in.

They also had a time frame, like "from 11am on 02\19\2020 until 4pm on 2\21\2020" and stormwatch mode was in effect the entire time of that alert, whether we had actual high winds in the area or not.

In the above example (dates made up), it would have turned off at 4pm on 2\21\2020... even if there was no high winds starting on 2\20\2020 in my specific location.

My experience with stormwatch mode (having had it activate 3-4 times since my Jan 6th 2020 install) is that it seems to be set to run for the period of the Weather service alert. For example, in our case, it was activated each time for "high wind warnings" that could down power lines. These alerts showed up in my weather app (dark sky) as alerts from the national weather service for the area I live in.

They also had a time frame, like "from 11am on 02\19\2020 until 4pm on 2\21\2020" and stormwatch mode was in effect the entire time of that alert, whether we had actual high winds in the area or not.

In the above example (dates made up), it would have turned off at 4pm on 2\21\2020... even if there was no high winds starting on 2\20\2020 in my specific location.
That is the weird part. We have no on going alerts in my area. The high wind warning expired at 7:00pm yesterday and my powerwall is still in storm watch mode

I am experiencing the same thing. I live in NY and we had a severe warning this past weekend, and I noticed my system went into Storm Watch mode Sunday Night 4/12/20 around 10:20pm EST, and it is still in Storm Watch mode as of right now Tuesday 4/14/20 1pm EST. It is bright and sunny outside with no alerts or active warnings on NWS.

I toggled the Storm Watch off and back on via Customize hoping to deactivate Storm Watch, but it just went back into active after a few seconds. I called customer support and they just said the generic "it's automatic based on NWS and Storm Watch will deactivate at the correct time".

I am on Version 1.45.2

I am experiencing the same thing. I live in NY and we had a severe warning this past weekend, and I noticed my system went into Storm Watch mode Sunday Night 4/12/20 around 10:20pm EST, and it is still in Storm Watch mode as of right now Tuesday 4/14/20 1pm EST. It is bright and sunny outside with no alerts or active warnings on NWS.

I toggled the Storm Watch off and back on via Customize hoping to deactivate Storm Watch, but it just went back into active after a few seconds. I called customer support and they just said the generic "it's automatic based on NWS and Storm Watch will deactivate at the correct time".

I am on Version 1.45.2
I just called them and they said they are having problems with the storm watch. We can either keep it active the whole time or toggle it off