Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stormtrooper'd my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally finished up on tweaking my Model X. Added:

- 22" Onyx OEM turbine wheels (delivered with 20" silver turbines)
- Blacked out chrome
- Tinted windows

Subtle changes, but I like it :)

IMG_1999-(1).jpg

Nice! Funny I'm picking up my X100D on Saturday and planning the same exact mods on chrome delete.

Ive been tossing up the idea between PlastiDip versus RPM pre-cut wrap (for all chrome parts except door trim since thats not available).

I think if you went with RPM Tesla wrap it would've cost around ~$300 versus a few cans of black PlastiDip. Install would definitely be faster and less work but durability / reliability is another question.

Did you use PlastiDip Glossifer? It looks pretty Matte so Im assuming you didn't. I'm leaning towards adding a few coats of Glossifier to make it deeper black look.

Nice! Funny I'm picking up my X100D on Saturday and planning the same exact mods on chrome delete.

Ive been tossing up the idea between PlastiDip versus RPM pre-cut wrap (for all chrome parts except door trim since thats not available).

I think if you went with RPM Tesla wrap it would've cost around ~$300 versus a few cans of black PlastiDip. Install would definitely be faster and less work but durability / reliability is another question.

Did you use PlastiDip Glossifer? It looks pretty Matte so Im assuming you didn't. I'm leaning towards adding a few coats of Glossifier to make it deeper black look.

I looked into wrapping, but my installer said you would be left with a seam on the mirror arms. Plasti-dip is really easy as long as you spend time prepping properly. Very happy with the results. I went with matte (no Glossifier) to match the onyx black wheels.

The white paint from Tesla is great looking and easy to keep clean. Dirt does not show up much, and it can get pretty dusty/dirty before you notice it.

Area that gets the dirtyest is the rear hatch area. Seems like that is a low pressure on the X.

I have been using a waterless cleaning system when it is not too dirty, and keeping it clean has not been an issue for me.

Reactions: MelaniainLA