Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stormwatch Activated Powerwalls in California while I'm in Vegas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RoBoRaT

PoPeYeD'SaiLoRDuDe
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
It was weird.

Stormwatch activated Powerwalls that are in California while I'm in Vegas, today 2 Sep 2019.

There were no storm/disaster warning in California, where the PWs are.

Coincidentally, while I was riding Uber (driver was listening to sports in radio) last nite in Vegas, there was an emergency broadcast that interrupted the sports cast saying there is thunderstorm or something to the effect. I noted it, and even mentioned to my wife about the bad weather warning.

Then today, I see the PWs are charging from the grid - in Stormwatch.

Any hoo, thought I share..

It's odd that storm warning where I was located (and my Model 3) at the time activated stormwatch for PWs in a different place.

Has anyone experienced this?
Screenshot_20190902-150049_Tesla.jpg

Obviously your address of record is wrong. I’d just call powerwall support and see what they say. You’d think your overall address for your account would control this but who knows.

Ours is quite tightly tied to local weather like thunderstorm warnings even (for storm watch) so it has to be that. Wonder if somehow it’s set to the default of Palo Alto and never got set to yours for the Powerwalls?

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Is your backup gateway connected to your WiFi or Ethernet? I wonder if your home internet is reporting the wrong location. I'd report it to [email protected] and see if they can trace it on their end. I'd expect the powerwall to get it's location data accurately on its own and not depend on an address in your account or any external factor.