Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

StormWatch enabled in Norcal East Bay / Tri-Valley (20 Jan 2022)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you are lucky - amazingly, almost exactly 10 years ago a similar crazy windstorm knocked over our oak tree, which must have been 100+ years old. i counted 80 rings in the cedar tree, but could be +/- 10 as some of the rings are quite closely spaced and hard to discern. sad to see such long-lived organisms die.

i hated the tree for its effects on solar production but i would have never removed it - not sure it would have paid off. i'm just glad no one was hurt and no structures were significantly damaged (the neighbor's metal awning over their porch was partially destroyed, and the fences have a slot in them now, so we all got off relatively easy). the tree was at least 55 feet tall based on the distance from the stump to where the tip landed on their roof.
We have a similar aged and sized Valley Oak in our back yard. Beautiful tree. Davey Tree service who trims the tree is coming out to shoot photos for their calendar. It took out 20 feet of fencing when it dropped a limb. In the last decade, I figure the tree has cost me over $10,000 in fence repair and trimming costs. And we have similar issues with solar production. But I prefer the beautiful tree over the photons or the money.

Reactions: astrorob