Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Straight to warning beeps on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did think about getting the steering wheel weight, just the price was a bit off putting.
Since I hold the steering wheel as shown with the icon and have to put more than slight turn to the wheel, if I am not mistaken the amount of force required is more than when I got the car in December.

As for the cabin camera, in the past I have be told that I wasn't looking in the right direction. Once while I checked the map.

I did think about getting the steering wheel weight, just the price was a bit off putting.
Since I hold the steering wheel as shown with the icon and have to put more than slight turn to the wheel, if I am not mistaken the amount of force required is more than when I got the car in December.

As for the cabin camera, in the past I have be told that I wasn't looking in the right direction. Once while I checked the map.
Really? As in a popup on the screen? Can you remember what it said?

Really? As in a popup on the screen? Can you remember what it said?
The little popup like you get about holding the wheel, I only ever saw that once and I can't remember which software version it was. It could have been the first version that mentioned the cabin camera in the release notes.

Can't remember what the message was exactly, either keep eyes on the road or pay attention to the road. Along with a warning sound.

I have a 3 week old Model 3 LR and when on autopilot it seems to go straight to alert beeping to instruct me to “apply slight steering input”. I don’t get any of the “pulsing blue banner” at the top to warn me to apply some slight force. This is all with me constantly with hands on wheel. The problem is it wakes my 6 month old as the alert is really quite loud. I don’t really expect to hear that alert unless I’ve ignored the “blue pulsing banner” but that never appears. Has anybody else experienced this?
Sorry if it’s been addressed before but I couldn’t find anything on it.
This happens about once a month for me too, but worse. I don't just get the alert, mine goes straight "YOU DIDN'T GRAB THE WHEEL, AUTOPILOT DISABLED FOR THIS DRIVE" with no buildup. It's annoying.

Regarding cones, it's worth noting that the manual says Do not use Autosteer in construction zones

So it's not entirely surprising or unreasonable that the car applies a much more aggressive nag policy if you choose to use autosteer through roadworks. I agree that it's annoying though that the mere presence of cones triggers this behaviour, even if the road conditions are otherwise perfect for autosteer.

Regarding cones, it's worth noting that the manual says Do not use Autosteer in construction zones

So it's not entirely surprising or unreasonable that the car applies a much more aggressive nag policy if you choose to use autosteer through roadworks. I agree that it's annoying though that the mere presence of cones triggers this behaviour, even if the road conditions are otherwise perfect for autosteer.
I don't mind the nag through roadworks, it's the insistence that it wants to have a lane width between it and the cones, even if the cones are on the opposite side of the line.