TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

stranded in Spain..Tarragona

Discussion in 'Europe' started by FlaSmu, Aug 8, 2014.

1. FlaSmu

FlaSmu Member

None of the chargers in a range of 30 km are working
    With a kid that now is feeling ill...and charging an almost empty battery is no fun..

Anybody an idea??

Ps within a few days we will laugh about this.. but for now... not..

2. pvh

pvh Active Member

#2 pvh, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Can you call the stores like Carefour or El Corte Inglés if it works, and if not or no idea, if they have 380v (red) at the back. I have seen the 3 fase 32/16 amp connections in Barcelona at El Corte Inglés at the back (no, nothing weird me being at the back outside of the store, tried to take a short cut;) )

Also, Puerto de Tarragona is close by. Maybe they have chargers for boats like the blue and/or red connectors for your UMC

3. MjjVonk

MjjVonk Member

De renault dealer, Carrer 4-les Gavarres43006 Tarragona

4. fredag

fredag Member

If all else fails, call the local marina. (Old Tesla-owner proverb)

Marinas sell electricity to boats, and they can often make room for an electric car as well. They often have red sockets (three-phase) available.

Good luck!

5. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

Did you get sorted? Are you laughing now??

6. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P85DL

7. FlaSmu

FlaSmu Member

Hi Guys, yep we made it.
    Wish I had the car when I was single..the car is an absolute babe magnet over here.. So yes I am laughing ;-)))

8. Alfred

Alfred Member

Although Reus (near Tarragona) has installed in their parkings a whole series of brand new Type 2 stations just this spring, it was not possible to get them to charge this Model S. The personnel was most helpful, but the technology was not to be tamed. Carrefour had two Type 2 listed, but they were out of order when he showed up. The listing has now been removed. Corte Ingles was listed with Schuko only. At the Renault dealer the fuse blew and the Nissan dealer was limited to Chademo. The map used to find stations was: Todo sobre el vehículo eléctrico y puntos de recarga. Electromaps .
    I left a comment on electromaps. Perhaps in Spain it is better to follow "Parador en Parador" as several Paradores have 3x32A CEE listed. There are as yet many problems with Type 2 stations - not only in Spain, as can be gleaned from the German TFF - Forum e.g.

9. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

Here be dragons...!