Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Air Suspension Sag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I left our late 2013 MS 85 w/ SAS at an airport parking garage for 4 days starting 8/28. I turned off cabin temp protection, and was surprised to see the car only dropped 5 range miles when we got back to the car. Then something weird happened when I backed out of the spot. There was a tiny bit of resistance and a crunch sound as the lower front lip pulled away from the concrete parking block. I cleared it by more than 2" when I parked the car 4 days earlier.

Puzzled, I put the car in Park and looked at the front of the car. I don't remember ever seeing the car so low; the front wheel air flaps were maybe an inch off the ground and the top of the front tire was pretty much flush to the fender. My first fear was that the control arm broken, then a second fear that the air suspension failed. I raised the car up to "Very High" and all was good.

So what happened? Did a software update cause the SAS to lower without notifying me? Did the air suspension sag while it was parked for 4 days? Perhaps something else? Anyone else experience something like this?

Anyone else experience something like this?

Once, very early on in owning my 2013 P85+. I parked somewhere and when I left I could feel it dragging on the parking stop. I raised it up and was able to back away fine. Since then I never park where the car lowering could cause that.

Also, if you raise up the car using "High" or "Very High" and then park, it's usually going to lower when you get back in the car.