Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange App behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I own a 2013 S and have the latest Tesla app on my iphone.
Now If I open the app (let's say for arguments sake, the next morning) I see that the app was "checked" more recent, for example 38 minutes ago and it wasn't me.
So who or what is checking/scanning the app?

So who or what is checking/scanning the app?

The "last seen" message you see in your Tesla app tells you the last time your car contacted the Mothership. This was just recently changed this way with version 4.12 of the Tesla app, as it previously used to tell you the last time YOU contacted your vehicle (opened the app).

The "last seen" message you see in your Tesla app tells you the last time your car contacted the Mothership. This was just recently changed this way with version 4.12 of the Tesla app, as it previously used to tell you the last time YOU contacted your vehicle (opened the app).
Correct. This is nothing to do with the user checking the app. It’s the car’s communicating with the mothership and reporting it to the app. We know this is true since many of us use e.g. TeslaMate and there’s no irregular waking of the car from sleep.