TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Strange auto park behavior

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Joetnr1, May 19, 2016.

1. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Last two days (since the update) I've noticed that I've been getting the auto park "P" in situations where there's ABSOLUTELY no option to park. For example, today it showed up at while stopped at a traffic light in Los Angeles in the middle lane of three. Literally surrounded by cars and the "P" showed up. Yesterday same thing, waiting at a light but this time in the far right lane. Nothing next to me but the curb. Obviously I'm very curious what would've happened if I engaged the auto park but certainly not willing to find out.

Could be a total coincidence that I've only noticed in the last couple days, but something is definitely off here. Curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

2. raijin

raijin Member

I had the same experience. I was in the left lane when the "P" showed up on the left side in opposing traffic.

Weird

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Well, you are in LA. And since you were essentially in a parking lot...:). A veteran here.

• Funny x 1
  4. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

I, too, noticed yesterday that as I was moving slowly in the left lane approaching a stoplight the P indicator came on.
    Also curious -- but equally unwilling to experiment -- as to where, exactly, it thought it was going to park!