Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Behaviour - OK - I believe It Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up at Bribie Island having lunch today, just at a picnic table, keeping an eye on the Tesla (about 60 metres away in the car park - can't bear to be separated). This guy in his bathers walks half way across the car park towards my car, half turns, looks back at someone out of sight and yells.."Looks like one..." Walks further over to the car down one side around to the rear to read the T-E-S-L-A on the back and yells to the unseen watcher, "Yep, it is...nice looking cars aren't they?" Walks back and off out of sight. I had toyed with the idea of beeping the horn while he was next to the car, but resisted the urge :biggrin: We are NOT ALONE - There are other Tesla spotters in the universe!

Up at Bribie Island having lunch today, just at a picnic table, keeping an eye on the Tesla (about 60 metres away in the car park - can't bear to be separated). This guy in his bathers walks half way across the car park towards my car, half turns, looks back at someone out of sight and yells.."Looks like one..." Walks further over to the car down one side around to the rear to read the T-E-S-L-A on the back and yells to the unseen watcher, "Yep, it is...nice looking cars aren't they?" Walks back and off out of sight. I had toyed with the idea of beeping the horn while he was next to the car, but resisted the urge :biggrin: We are NOT ALONE - There are other Tesla spotters in the universe!

Nice story! I've only had my car two weeks, but have lost count already of people who have come up asking about it.

lol!
To be fair, the Jag and the Maserati that each resemble the Model S are very pretty vehicles. 'happy with either comparison, as the Model S is SOOO much more than a pretty face. Pretty and pretty awesome.

Having driven Jags for the last 15 years I feel sorry for them now. The Model S just kills 'em. Just finished my first small tester road trip - Melbourne to Metung (300 km) - incredible. Autopilot - amazing. Power to spare ;) - unbelievable. Battery duration - more than enough.

Ive run out of superlatives ...

funny, i've had my car for almost 2 weeks and have had NO ONE come up to ask about it.. I've been waiting and waiting..
maybe i have resting bitch face or something

Sorry Omniwolf I also have noticed that the number of stares and questions has substantial reduced in the city.
Still get double takes when I travel to the southern highlands but most people interested in cars now know what a Tesla is.

Had a tradie parked next to me in a local strip shopping centre. Wanted to know if the car was a merc. I told him it was a Tesla, and a look of recognition came over his face as he had seen one displayed in a big shopping centre. He asked me if he could ask some questions, and after about 10 I said the best way to explain everything would be to come for a drive. Of course, the predictable occurred and the piece de resistance was when I asked him to brace himself (after 1 or 2 k's of calm and pleasant motoring). After he had regained his composure he staggered out of the vehicle muttering how he just has to get one. I should have given him my referral code.

funny, i've had my car for almost 2 weeks and have had NO ONE come up to ask about it.. I've been waiting and waiting..
maybe i have resting bitch face or something

People in Sydney are less friendly, and less curious. That proves it :)

On Sunday I parked my car in Maleny town centre to go have a coffee with my wife and I had 4 guys bail me up with questions. Nice people, very appreciative, but eventually I had to excuse myself!

I think there's been a change in why people ask questions about the car/look at the car etc.

At the start it was more "what is that", "who makes that", "who are Tesla" etc...

Now it's "hey that's a Tesla", "I've seen them in heaps of places", "is this the one with summon", "is this the one where it can drive itself", "when's the 4WD coming out?", "when's the cheaper model coming out"?

Anyways that's what I've seen driving around Melbourne.