Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Bell Sound

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
I am getting a strange bell sound every few minutes. It started after the last software update. It is very loud and I can't determine the source. Does anyone have this sound? How do I suppress it?

rincewind

Nov 5, 2019
London England
Probably Emergency Lane Departure warnings. I've been getting some of these - loud boing and red warning on the screen. It seems the latest update made the system a little over enthusiastic. You can turn them off in the Autopilot settings as your in the States. In the UK we can only turn them off for the current driving session, then the bloody things turn back on.

bedoig

Nov 29, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
Agree with cgiGuy on the speed warning. Next time you drive see if the sound coincides with the speed limit sign getting slightly bigger (not their best UI decision there). Mine was on after my HW3 upgrade. I turned it off so long ago I didn't even remember it was a thing. Took me a while to figure it out.

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
Thanks everyone for the replies. I noted that I had the Speed Assist Chime enabled (Ref Page 114 Owners Manual). I disabled this 'Feature'. I haven't driven the car yet, but hope this change solves the problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC