Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange blinker stalk behavior. Bug maybe?

As backstory, occasionally when changing lanes and pressing the blinker stalk the opposite way to cancel blinkers, it accidentally turned on the blinkers for the wrong direction (and blinked 3 times, making me feel stupid and wondering if the people around me think I got my license week ago).

I just recently learned that you can also flick the stalk to same direction you're changing lane to, and it'll still turn off the blinkers. Brilliant, no more accidental blinking.

Yesterday noticed something, and tried couple times. Happens every time:

-Drive with EAP engaged
-Turn on blinker for lane change
-Get bored waiting for the car to change lane so you yank the wheel to manually change lane (and thus disable auto-steer)

If you do that, the "flick stalk to same direction" doesn't cancel the blinking anymore. To turn off blinking now you must flick the opposite direction.

Anyone else notice same? I assume it's just not my car.

Reactions: Moeshorzon
As backstory, occasionally when changing lanes and pressing the blinker stalk the opposite way to cancel blinkers, it accidentally turned on the blinkers for the wrong direction (and blinked 3 times, making me feel stupid and wondering if the people around me think I got my license week ago).

I just recently learned that you can also flick the stalk to same direction you're changing lane to, and it'll still turn off the blinkers. Brilliant, no more accidental blinking.

Yesterday noticed something, and tried couple times. Happens every time:

-Drive with EAP engaged
-Turn on blinker for lane change
-Get bored waiting for the car to change lane so you yank the wheel to manually change lane (and thus disable auto-steer)

If you do that, the "flick stalk to same direction" doesn't cancel the blinking anymore. To turn off blinking now you must flick the opposite direction.

Anyone else notice same? I assume it's just not my car.

Yeah that happens at least once a day for me

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC