Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange call from Sunrun asking me about my true-up.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of solar companies trying to throw shade and sh^%&t on Tesla these days.

It appears Tesla has cut deep into their markets and now cut them off from Powerwalls. So on YouTube and other places, you see them bad mouthing Tesla and especially Powerwalls. It is almost comical to watch their videos from 3-4 months ago where they pushed to their Powerwall installer status, and compare them to now where say the Powerwall is a POS.

IMO, if I were a Tesla partner, I’d be pissed too.

They make you an attractive offer to pay them to become a partner. You go through the training and get the financing to get inventory. Then you train your installers, designers, and sales teams. You advertise and feature the powerwall in your copy. You do all this legwork with prospects to get them on board. You may even get some leads/commitments.

Then Tesla knee caps you by throttling supply of the Powerwall. Not only that, then Tesla advertises below market rates on the solar panels to poach your business.

So you do all the work to drum up business and prepare a sale, but Tesla swoops in and takes it from you because they have bargain bin pricing and the easiest access to their own Powerwall supply. What Tesla does to their “independent” network of resellers is borderline criminal.

Nobody else in any established marketplace would ever act that way, but Tesla gets away with it time and time again. Edit. Look at what they’re getting away with on that solar roof. That irrationally loyal audience of their brand explains their sky high stock price.

Last edited: