Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange clunking/knocking/clicking sounds on a "cold" start - AC related?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of a 2022 M3P and have noticed some strange sounds that happen for maybe 10s on a cold start as soon as the AC turns on and then goes away completely. For some reason, this doesn't happen if I only leave the car for a few minutes, lock, and come back.

Anyone know if this is normal? Video/sound:

Thank you!

Reactions: laiod
I'm noticing the same thing only in the last few weeks. Mine's a 2018 AWD though. I was guessing that one of the vent motors has worn out and was not redirecting properly, or something related. It actually is reassuring to hear it might be systematic and not a failure on mine alone! Strange though if they had changed the programming of HVAC after all these years..?

I'm noticing the same thing only in the last few weeks. Mine's a 2018 AWD though. I was guessing that one of the vent motors has worn out and was not redirecting properly, or something related. It actually is reassuring to hear it might be systematic and not a failure on mine alone! Strange though if they had changed the programming of HVAC after all these years..?
Ah interesting! I texted the video to a local Tesla service rep so will see what they say.

Reactions: jkirkwood001