Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange FSD Visualization Bug/Artifact/Glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this specific issue has already been discussed apologies ahead of time but after searching I was not able to find anybody reporting the issue…

Is anybody else noticing strange rain-like lines appearing all over the visualization when starting a drive? Almost looks like a snow or rain flurry. This happens specifically when starting a drive and in the visualization you can see the car but all road detection is missing and all you see is a scattering of moving white lines that look like rain streaks - almost as if the visualization is trying to get its bearings then after a quarter mile or so the roads/street edges appear and things seem normal although it looks like the detection is radically more unstable than I remember after it stabilizes from the glitch. This seems to have started with 2022.45.12 and is still present with 2022.45.15 but that could be coincidence.

Is anybody else seeing this? Any thoughts appreciated!

Things I’ve tried:
Wash car/cameras
Restart(s)
Reset camera calibration

Specs:
2022 Model S Plaid
FSD Beta

Thanks for sharing all the details. My first and usual thought, is to make it Tesla's problem and have them resolve it. Have you taken a video of this to have as evidence? There are some software updates in 2023 and you might also be behind, based on what you are showing. Just some thoughts. Best of luck.

Another type of glitch?

Attachments

• IMG_7657.jpeg
    IMG_7657.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 90
I had this for the first time yesterday afternoon going down my rather long driveway.

I thought it was "seeing" the drizzle and it eventually went away. Did you ever learn anything more about it?

Specs:
2021 Model S Plaid
FSD Beta