Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange heat behavior - is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s 45 degrees out. Why is Tesla turning on AC, Recirc, front vent, and windshield defroster, and not floor vents? And the air coming out is cool, not warm. I definitely need heat.

This is the exact opposite I’ve always done and Other auto systems do - fresh air, floor vents only. When I manually put it on floor and turn off the AC, I start getting warm air. Is this normal behavior I just need to get used to? Or is this unusual

Thanks

Attachments

• 53D2ED0C-8498-4379-B543-A7EA3BA69F1A.jpeg
    53D2ED0C-8498-4379-B543-A7EA3BA69F1A.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 61
I really hate how now if you turn one feature off, like you just want to manually turn AC off, it makes the entire climate run on full manual. I loved the old way! You could still have auto on remaining features if you manually changed one
Yikes - really, will have to take a look at that. Bad change if that is what it's doing, as you say the old system worked great.

I really hate how now if you turn one feature off, like you just want to manually turn AC off, it makes the entire climate run on full manual. I loved the old way! You could still have auto on remaining features if you manually changed one
if you have AC off what would you want on auto?? since you cant control temp anymore the fan speed might just go nuts trying to cool or heat... right?

if you have AC off what would you want on auto?? since you cant control temp anymore the fan speed might just go nuts trying to cool or heat... right?

Remember Cabin Overheat Protection? It gives you an option to use A/C or fan only.

Using fan doesn't mean you can't control cabin temperature such as when the outside temperature is around 55F but the cabin is 80F because of the sun.

The old way of V8 would allow the fan to automatically adjust the speed of the fan (thus the noise) to bring the cabin down to the desired temperature such as 75F.

Remember Cabin Overheat Protection? It gives you an option to use A/C or fan only.

Using fan doesn't mean you can't control cabin temperature such as when the outside temperature is around 55F but the cabin is 80F because of the sun.

The old way of V8 would allow the fan to automatically adjust the speed of the fan (thus the noise) to bring the cabin down to the desired temperature such as 75F.
ahhh..makes sense... i guess i just normally put my windows down until its cool enough

If I have AC off, what would I want on auto? How about all of us that live in cold climates that use heat 3/4 of the year and don’t even need
AC at all! I definitely don’t need AC to heat my car, but I do need control over fan speed so I don’t get too hot from the heat. When I first get into the car on a cold day we have the fan on high to blow around the heater. Once it warms up we lower the fan to a lower setting.
Also heat should come out the floor vents - heat rises so you want to start with the heat at the lowest possible point in the car.

The absolute last setting I want when it’s cold out is my car blasting heat through the defroster with the AC turned on

Reactions: am_dmd
If I have AC off, what would I want on auto? How about all of us that live in cold climates that use heat 3/4 of the year and don’t even need
AC at all! I definitely don’t need AC to heat my car, but I do need control over fan speed so I don’t get too hot from the heat. When I first get into the car on a cold day we have the fan on high to blow around the heater. Once it warms up we lower the fan to a lower setting.
Also heat should come out the floor vents - heat rises so you want to start with the heat at the lowest possible point in the car.

The absolute last setting I want when it’s cold out is my car blasting heat through the defroster with the AC turned on
you should move down here that would solve your problems :p