TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Strange Homelink Issue

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Hitman007, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

So I have my homelink programmed to auto open and close my garage door. But I am having a very strange issue. First thing in the morning when I go to work it works perfectly. Closes the garage door when I get to the end of my driveway. But the rest of the day it will not auto close. Auto open works 100% of the time. So if I go to the store later in the afternoon the homelink tab pops up as I am backing down the driveway but it will never activate the auto close. Next morning first thing it works again but only once!

2. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I have yet to have it work as designed on either my S or X. When I back out of the garage my gate opens but the garage door will not close. Coming home on the S the gate and garage will open, but with the X the garage will open but not the gate. Have given up trying to reset location etc.

3. outie

outie Active Member

Can you even program the homelink to auto close besides using summon? I thought the homelink settings only lets you check automatically "open" only.

4. randy1077

randy1077 Model X60 Vin 180XX. Reverved 8/11/2016

I also have issues and have isolated it to the fact that it only works when the car is pointing towards the garage door. It never works when pointing away from the garage door.

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Yes, you set auto open auto close. If I shut off either the gate or the garage door then it will open and close the one function. When I have both gate and door only one will work.

6. ithinkmac

ithinkmac Member

I have to reset the location, now working flawlessly. Leaving or coming back. When leaving, it tells me it's about to close the garage in xx feet and as I roll, the distance counts down. Beeps, and garage closes. Same with coming home. Since I reset the location, it's been working 100% for the past week for me.

-ThinkMac-

7. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

I have two homelink devices saved... garage door and entry gate to my community. The entry gate is "auto open" and works perfectly every time. But the garage door has the issues I wrote about. I have reset location numerous times but the problem continues. Again today it auto closed my door perfectly first thing in the morning. But later today it will not work.