Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange HVAC issue since windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Windshield replaced at Safelite today, same issue. Only blowing up on auto mode. I have called Tesla twice and both support people claim that a software re-push is not possible since my car is already up-to-date. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Windshield replaced at Safelite today, same issue. Only blowing up on auto mode. I have called Tesla twice and both support people claim that a software re-push is not possible since my car is already up-to-date. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
Yeah, they didn't want to re-push the software to me either. You are pretty much stuck till you find someone from Tesla willing to re-push the software or you get a random software update.

My first replacement windshield had a defect (vertical distortion up and down the passenger side of the glass). Also, the company that did the replacement originally, didn't do a good job applying the adhesive among other issues. A warranty request was submitted to Tesla and was told to make an appointment at the service center for Tesla to look at it. After taking my car in, the Tesla Service Advisor took one look at the glass, confirmed the warranty replacement with the district supervisor, then proceeded to replace the windshield the same day. The job was done correctly by the Tesla Contracted Glass company, they probably do 6 windshields per week at this Tesla Service Center. So on the second replacement, I also needed to submit another request to push the current software update to fix the defrost on auto problem. Seems the Service Center should have done this but missed doing so. All in all, much better service from Tesla than from the auto glass company my insurance company sent me to.

Add me to the list of M3 customers who had their windshield replaced and now has an AC which will only blow up. I have requested a service appointment but it looks like I have to wait a full month until they have time to see me. Not ok.
can you get a mobile service appointment sooner? No need to actually go to a service center, just need to talk to someone from Tesla with the power to re-send the software.

How long after asking for the software push did your car receive it? I called yesterday and support said they were letting service know to push the software again but it seems most here asked for the push via the app.

How long after asking for the software push did your car receive it? I called yesterday and support said they were letting service know to push the software again but it seems most here asked for the push via the app.
I was in touch with Tesla support on 2/23 and I got a new software update yesterday. I don't believe the update was a result of my contact with Tesla support, but instead a regularly scheduled update.