Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange impact wrench like sound from front wheel of Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even parked, there is a sound that happens every minute or so from the front left wheel it seems. Maybe the motor, can’t tell. The sound is like the noise made from an impact wrench tightening a wheel nut. It happens when I drove it down the driveway a bit as well.

Any idea what this could be??

Here’s a video of the issue: iCloud

I had a similar sound. It would happen when turning the steering wheel. Recorded the sound for the SC. The SC inspected the suspension and steering, and were unable to reproduce. I‘ve only heard it once or twice again since that service a couple months ago. Although, still working remotely so only drive about 20-30 miles a week.

I have a similar sound happening now but it's not as loud as the video that was posted. For me, it sounds almost as if the tires are squeaking or groaning but it's the not tire rubber as the sound is coming from the front right suspension.

I can move the steering wheel back and forth, just slightly, to make it groan. Harder to hear while the car is moving.

@adewinne Did you get an answer from the SC after taking it in?

Ok, I finally got it resolved. It turned out that they needed to replace the Supermanifold and the AC compressor. Kind of crazy for a car that's just a year old. I've attached the redacted invoice from Tesla if anyones interested in the details.

Attachments

• tesla_invoice.pdf
    114.9 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Mike_TV