Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange issues with Windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I am having weird issues with my windows and figure I would ask here. I just want to mention that I have PIN to drive active as it seems to have some affect on it. Basically sometimes the windows (all of them) will work and sometimes not. Seems like when the door is shut but we haven't put in the PIN to drive it won't work but then when you put the pin in it does? But this is not always the case but is strange that it happens enough. Tried using the window lock button to see if that made a difference. It seems like I am misunderstanding a feature or something.

I found that it works 100% when car is on. But yes sometimes the window will crack open let’s say but then they don’t work anymore (when not in drive). This is especially the case when watching something in my car and to put it in drive requires exiting the app.

...but is strange that it happens enough...
My 2012 Model S and 2017 Model X is the same way because their technology is expensive but way behind Model 3 and Y.

The windows for Model 3 and Y don't lose power and you can even close the windows after venting (partially pulling down) the windows but I can't close my older Model S and X the same way.

My S and X's windows need power when the car propulsion is enabled with the "PRND" gear indicator turned on.

Hopefully, the more expensive Model S and X would keep up with the technology of the cheaper Model 3 and Y.

My 2012 Model S and 2017 Model X is the same way because their technology is expensive but way behind Model 3 and Y.

The windows for Model 3 and Y don't lose power and you can even close the windows after venting (partially pulling down) the windows but I can't close my older Model S and X the same way.

My S and X's windows need power when the car propulsion is enabled with the "PRND" gear indicator turned on.

Hopefully, the more expensive Model S and X would keep up with the technology of the cheaper Model 3 and Y.
Oh interesting I will check to verify that it works when the gear indicator is on.