Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange message in service mode regarding battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re-post from the generic Model S forum as it received no traction there.

Bought my car (2014 P85D) in October and based off the full range I doubt the pack was replaced anytime in the recent past. It shows as 230 at 100%.
Anyone seen this message or the message below and have an idea what is happening with this?
Tesla message Pack repacement routing not complete.jpg

Logic would tell me that its seen a pack replacement/BMS repair/some work in that system done and some step wasn't completed. Not sure if this would cause any problems or limitations is what I'm trying to find out. Appreciate any insight. I'll also try submitting something through the app to see if Tesla can look at it. Sadly the car is out of battery warranty.

Logic would tell me that its seen a pack replacement/BMS repair/some work in that system done and some step wasn't completed. Not sure if this would cause any problems or limitations is what I'm trying to find out. Appreciate any insight. I'll also try submitting something through the app to see if Tesla can look at it. Sadly the car is out of battery warranty.
Maybe @wk057 would have some idea. If there's a problem, he may be able to fix it. He runs a business that does those kinds of things.

What is on the sticker on the battery? (Does the date encoded in the serial number closely match the build date of your vehicle?)

I would be worried that the person you bought it from may have swapped the pack, or performed some unauthorized repair/modification.

1088935-01-B
T15D...

So the pack has been replaced at some point. (As I don't think any 2014 Model Ss were made after April of 2015.) Does the serial number end in "R#"? (That would indicate how many times the pack has been remanufactured, though I'm not sure when they started doing that.)

What month/year does the sticker in the driver's door jamb indicate your car was built?

Build date of car is December 2014, so the battery is newer than the car.
Battery:
1088935-01-B
T15D0083064R1

Sorry for not posting more earlier. Have a bad back and the picture I could get was blurry for half of it LOL!

So it looks like a refurbished pack was installed at some point, and the car thinks the process wasn't completed.

@wk057 is a "GTW/BMS mismatch" something that can be ignored, or is that something that Tesla really needs to correct? (Assuming of course that Tesla is the one that replaced the pack, and it wasn't the prior owner replacing the pack on their own.)

So it looks like a refurbished pack was installed at some point, and the car thinks the process wasn't completed.

@wk057 is a "GTW/BMS mismatch" something that can be ignored, or is that something that Tesla really needs to correct? (Assuming of course that Tesla is the one that replaced the pack, and it wasn't the prior owner replacing the pack on their own.)

Depends on the actual associated alert.

If the car drives, shows nothing about it on the IC/MCU when not in service mode, and OTA updates don't fail... I wouldn't bother messing with it or caring.

Depends on the actual associated alert.

If the car drives, shows nothing about it on the IC/MCU when not in service mode, and OTA updates don't fail... I wouldn't bother messing with it or caring.
Appreciate the response. I just happened to be in there and thought it odd. Was hoping there was a self calibration for the windows in service mode as I randomly get a message on the app that 1 of the windows is down (different each time). I did do the 3 up, 3 down on each window I found and so far have not seen the message return.

Just glad its not affecting the battery negatively. Thanks again!

Reactions: wk057
@mggg Sorry I missed this earlier. You can see above where WK057 said to ignore it if it doesn't show a code in the MCU or IC. Mine doesn't, its still a bummer to see. Being in IT I hate having error messages...haha.

Regarding the service history apparently Tesla will not share that. They claim its a privacy issue but that's a bunch of bullshit. Bought a used Grand Cherokee many years ago and the Chrysler dealer printed off the entire service history for me with no hesitation. It mentioned nothing of the previous owner. Given Tesla writes code as a core part of their business this should be a walk in the park for them to do.
Honestly I would never buy a used Tesla again just due to the inability to know anything of substance about what the car has been through. Oh yeah Tesla doesn't report to Carfax either.:rolleyes: