Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange music playback issue with Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Over the past two weeks or so I’ve noticed a new issue with audio playback when listening to Slacker stations. This may happen with other audio sources as well, but I’m listening to Slacker 99% of the time. I’ll be listening to music on a Slacker station and at random there will be a quick audio hiccup and it seems when that occurs either the bit rate of the audio stream seems to change or it sounds like the immersive sound setting changed itself to another setting. It’s really kind of hard to describe. It’s happening constantly while I drive now, sometimes occurring several times during a single song. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m on 2018.21.9 but this was definitely happening for me as well when I was on 2018.18.13 although I’m fairly certain this was not happening during the first week or so after updating to 18.13.

Over the past two weeks or so I’ve noticed a new issue with audio playback when listening to Slacker stations. This may happen with other audio sources as well, but I’m listening to Slacker 99% of the time. I’ll be listening to music on a Slacker station and at random there will be a quick audio hiccup and it seems when that occurs either the bit rate of the audio stream seems to change or it sounds like the immersive sound setting changed itself to another setting. It’s really kind of hard to describe. It’s happening constantly while I drive now, sometimes occurring several times during a single song. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m on 2018.21.9 but this was definitely happening for me as well when I was on 2018.18.13 although I’m fairly certain this was not happening during the first week or so after updating to 18.13.

I've heard it as well. It sounds like a bit rate change to me. I leave immersive sound off, so it's not that.

Not the same thing you're describing, but since 21.9 when a new song starts occasionally there will be a lot of static. This has happened with Slacker and with USB playback. It is fixed with a quick pause-unpause, but it happens pretty often. It happened a few times prior to 21.9, but much less frequent.

Not the same thing you're describing, but since 21.9 when a new song starts occasionally there will be a lot of static. This has happened with Slacker and with USB playback. It is fixed with a quick pause-unpause, but it happens pretty often. It happened a few times prior to 21.9, but much less frequent.

Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone has experienced this a few times. Seems to happen for me one out of every 50 songs or so I would guess.

The audio stuttering / apparent bit rate change is still happening for me. I probably noticed it at least 4 times on my relatively short commute home yesterday. I'm going to email Tesla about it today.

Since upgrading to 2018.21.9 I’ve noticed that every couple of songs or so the Slacker stream will stop mid-song and switch to the podcast I was listening to in the Tune-In tab. When I attempt to restart the music stream I was listening to it won’t resume the song.