TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Strange music playback issue with Slacker

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PoitNarf, Jun 13, 2018.

1. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Over the past two weeks or so I’ve noticed a new issue with audio playback when listening to Slacker stations. This may happen with other audio sources as well, but I’m listening to Slacker 99% of the time. I’ll be listening to music on a Slacker station and at random there will be a quick audio hiccup and it seems when that occurs either the bit rate of the audio stream seems to change or it sounds like the immersive sound setting changed itself to another setting. It’s really kind of hard to describe. It’s happening constantly while I drive now, sometimes occurring several times during a single song. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m on 2018.21.9 but this was definitely happening for me as well when I was on 2018.18.13 although I’m fairly certain this was not happening during the first week or so after updating to 18.13.

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

Try turning off the optional sounds effects.

3. buddhra

buddhra Member

I've heard it as well. It sounds like a bit rate change to me. I leave immersive sound off, so it's not that.

4. PoitNarf

Glad I’m not the only one that’s experiencing this. When did you first notice it?

5. buddhra

buddhra Member

It has been a few weeks. I've probably noticed it half a dozen times.

6. zosoisnotaword

Not the same thing you're describing, but since 21.9 when a new song starts occasionally there will be a lot of static. This has happened with Slacker and with USB playback. It is fixed with a quick pause-unpause, but it happens pretty often. It happened a few times prior to 21.9, but much less frequent.

7. PoitNarf

Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone has experienced this a few times. Seems to happen for me one out of every 50 songs or so I would guess.

The audio stuttering / apparent bit rate change is still happening for me. I probably noticed it at least 4 times on my relatively short commute home yesterday. I'm going to email Tesla about it today.

8. zosoisnotaword

Yeah, that's probably about the rate I was getting it prior to 21.9. But since then it's been one in every 5-10 songs, and one instance of back-to-back a couple days ago.

9. CaliSol

CaliSol Member

Since upgrading to 2018.21.9 I’ve noticed that every couple of songs or so the Slacker stream will stop mid-song and switch to the podcast I was listening to in the Tune-In tab. When I attempt to restart the music stream I was listening to it won’t resume the song.

10. fr100

fr100 Member

The only problem I have with Slacker is sometimes the bass gets distorted. Pausing and resuming it will fix it. Oh, and the variety sucks.