TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Strange Noise/Suspension. Experienced Owners Help...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Hitman007, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

So I am now a week into driving my new Model X and hoping other owners can help their experience. I noticed today (and a few days ago) I will be driving along locally at 45 mph and suddenly I hear a grinding type noise under the vehicle. It only lasts a moment and then gone. Sounds like some sort of binding in the electric motor? But no loss of speed or power, just the noise. Lasts maybe 3 or 4 seconds.

Other question is I put my suspension at the standard setting but when I get home after running errands it always has set itself to "low". How can I force it to stay in standard unless I change it myself?

2. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

UPDATE: Solved suspension issue.

3. Phil Seastrand

Well, what was it?

4. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

The suspension can be set to auto lower at certain speeds, if you want to stay in Standard height just slide suspension setting to Never while in park. Did you find out what the grinding noise was? My MX will do this only on my driveway, I think it is the rubber tires sticking to the xylene based sealer.

5. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

The auto ride height setting was set to always so at any speed the X would lower itself and stay there. I changed the speed to 55+ so around town it will stay at standard.

6. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

No, it might be road noise or it could be something to do with the drive motors. I will experiment by driving on the same section of road several times and see if I can replicate the noise.