Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange noise when my new 2021 Model S locks and unlocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new 2021 Model S makes a crazy noise, like a moose call when locked and unlocked. The sound seems to come from the trunk. Mobile service was unable to fix. Anyone else have this issue ?
Take it to service center. They should fix it. Most of the Mobil techs who come out are clueless. This one time this mobile service guy came and told me oh I do stuff for Tesla on side. I can go sound barriers on your doors for you for 200bucks ‍♂️

OP, did you ever figure out what was causing the noise? My '20 MSLR+ is making the same sound that you described. I've never heard a moose call, but like you, I would imagine it sounds just like when I lock and unlock my doors! Sounds like a rear door, or hatch mechanism. I'm out of warranty so I'd like to try and resolve it myself.

OP, did you ever figure out what was causing the noise? My '20 MSLR+ is making the same sound that you described. I've never heard a moose call, but like you, I would imagine it sounds just like when I lock and unlock my doors! Sounds like a rear door, or hatch mechanism. I'm out of warranty so I'd like to try and resolve it myself.

Got an audio clip of the sound? I've found the handles can dry out a tad and get a little squeaky at times. Some silicon lubricant spray around the edges fixes it.

I also don’t think the sounds occur when you unlock the car. Only when it locks.
So it's definitely coming from the hatch. Seems to be the lock mechanism. My car is an early 2020 build and does not have the boom box feature, so it's not an adjustable lock sound. I tried a little lube in the hatch lock mechanism with no luck. I suppose I'll make an appt with Tesla. I'll keep this thread updated with what they say in case anyone else has a similar issue.