Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

strange noise when turning on climate control (Fan only without AC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y had strange noise when turning on climate control (Fan only without AC), it happens every several minutes.
It is not loud, sound like a drum/chime, it is annoying. See the attached recording, it happened at the end of the record ~1:50
Anyone had similar issue before ?
Thanks

noise

My model Y had strange noise when turning on climate control (Fan only without AC), it happens every several minutes.
It is not loud, sound like a drum/chime, it is annoying. See the attached recording, it happened at the end of the record ~1:50
Thanks

noise

From your recording, what's more concerning to me is the continuous humming noise running in the background all the time. Is that noise present even when the fan and the A/C are off?

About the drum/chime sound you are saying, I think that may be normal. I have heard my Model Y doing that once in a while.

But to be sure about the continuous humming noise, check this thread:

Thanks

noise
I have the same issue on 2018 model 3. Started last week after driving 60k now. It is the fan though ac is off. If you know the cause/fix please share.