TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Strange Observation

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by adeokar, Mar 11, 2013.

1. adeokar

adeokar Member

All,
    I have observed that the material covering the driver side visor is sude and on the passenger side is fabric. Also the cabin interior is fabric. I wanted to know from other Tesla owners who have Model S with leather seat (interiors) what is the material covering the cabin interiors...is it sued or fabric. My guess is that it should be sude with leather seats options and should be fabric in case of fabric seats. Please take some time and confirm my guess...

Attached Files:

2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

You got upsueded :tongue:

Seriously, you're probably right and I'm sure Tesla will get you another fabric sunshade in exchange for the suede one...

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

You kinda have to wonder how this sneaks through. When I picked mine up over the weekend, I noticed the mirrors were missing when I flipped the doors up. I guess someone just forgot to snap the glass piece into the assembly. Now I have to check and see if they're both of the same material...

4. Elshout

Elshout Member

I have a leather interior and the sunvisors and headliner are all fabric. Your right visor doesn't really look like suede.

5. olanmills

olanmills Member

Instead of these things getting "missed", maybe they're just having issues with having enough inventory of the different parts, and they would rather get the cars out functionally complete and let you notice the issue later and get it fixed when they have more stock.

6. jkirkebo

jkirkebo Model S P85+ VIN 14420 EU

It's probably alcantara from a performance model (those get an alcantara headliner).

7. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

correctamundo!

8. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

Mmm alcantara. The must underrated part of the performance package.

9. Zextraterrestrial

mmm, yes, so soft. I rubbed my face on the ceiling when I first got my car

The fabric visor looks better than the visor on the P cars. Mine are 'ok' but the mirrors are useless

10. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Aren't all of the "temporary" visors with the clown plastic mirrors and no lights getting replaced anyways?

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I didn't even get the clown mirrors. When you flip up the doors on my visors, it's just plastic with little indents where presumably the glass clips in.

12. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

I was recently told that the current temporary visors will not likely be replaced until late summer or early fall 2013.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD