Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange phone call from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else receive a similar odd phone call? I have a MYP order which is estimated to be ready in About 4 weeks. A person claiming to be a Tesla sales rep called me asking what type of Tesla I had ordered. Due to the large amount of background chatter I assumed he was in a call center. I was wondering if this was a scam phone call of some sort. I asked how come he didn’t know what type of vehicle I had ordered. He claimed to be located in a Tesla store in Irvine, California and could not check the records of the Tesla store near me In Burbank, California. So I said I ordered a model Y. He thanked me and asked if I liked the car. I thought this was an odd question since the car has not been delivered yet. I said I like the car. He thanked me and said goodbye.

mystery solved. I was able to reach someone at Tesla. They said it seems a Tesla customer satisfaction agent mistakenly thought I had taken possession of my reservation and was performing a follow up call to see how I was enjoying the car. The person I spoke to on the phone checked out my reservation and said everything seemed fine.
Interesting, was just reading another thread where someone got a call from Tesla asking how he likes his new car and he also has not taken delivery yet. Is it that hard for them to know who has gotten their car and who has not?