TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Strange radio behavior at start up...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Altes, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Altes

Altes Member

My radio cuts in and out when i first get in the car, maybe for about 5-10 seconds. First sound then static then sound over and over. doesnt happen all the time and not on anything but radio. Anybody run into this?

2. Zarwin

Zarwin Member

Mine does that as well. Switches to AM static for about 5 seconds and then switches back to wherever it was. About 1 out of 10 times I get in the car it will do this. I just ignore it.

3. millergraphics

millergraphics New Member

Yep...mine does it too. I think it's only when it's on an HD station and is searching for the signal again.

4. Altes

Altes Member

ill try it with HD off to see

5. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Mine too! I often have a FM new station (but not HD) and its very annoying to hear static and seeking(?) back and forth, taking several seconds before the audio is clear again. Sadly, more bugs in the media player. How junior league is it to actually TEST all the promised features in each firmware release to see what was broken before sending it out.

And, more importantly, why not issue firmware updates essentially EVERY WEEK that is just "minor fixes and improvements" so that these little things get fixed in weeks instead of MONTHS (years in some cases!!!! Think USB).

Even Facebook updates their phone apps on a regular schedule for this sort of purpose. That helps placate owners when a bug hits a visible part of their car and at least gives hope it won't hang around for more then one or two more updates. Which should only take one or two weeks....

Ah well, back to waiting for "silky smooth"........