TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Strange sound when making first turn

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Nuts4MS, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Nuts4MS

Nuts4MS Member

Dec 19, 2013
    A few weeks after I took delivery of my S85 with coils and 19" wheels I started hearing a rather noticeable noise when I make my first turn or go over a speed bump. This only happens after a "key cycle" and it sounds like a low pitched "eek". I've had Tesla service take a look several times and they just give me a shrug and say it's wierd but they can't figure it out. Has anyone else had this issue? I can't believe I'm the only one but if I am I would like to get it fixed cause I have this feeling like its a precursor to a problem.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mar 8, 2012
    This is the first I've heard of it. It sounds as if it is coming from the coil springs. Can you post a recording? If no one can figure it out from the recording, then the next step is going to be either to ignore it or to fit a number of microphones (there are ones made just to find car noises) and narrow down the location.