Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Spotify Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
I'm having a strange issue with Spotify. Basically, when it does work, it will play maybe three songs and then in the third song, will not allow me to skip ahead, skip backwards or otherwise navigate. Once the song is done playing, nothing else plays after that. I received a SW update yesterday and installed it, but the issue existed prior to the update, and was not fixed by the update. I have Premium Connectivity paid for through March of 2023.

Here is what I have done -

- reset the screen
- logged out of Spotify and logged back in in both the car and the app on my phone.
- used another streaming option (XM from my phone) then switched back to Spotify - then I just get the spinning circle where the 'play' symbol would be.

There are no current issues with Spotify, according to their twitter. The 'Streaming' app works fine, as does streaming XM from my phone. Using the Spotify app from my phone through Bluetooth works normally. It's just Spotify app in the car.

Any thoughts on other things I can try?

If you play from other sources (e.g. "Streaming" instead of Spotify) does it exhibit the same behavior?

I had some strange issues with Spotify resolved by playing a few tracks from another source and coming back to Spotify.

I'm having a strange issue with Spotify. Basically, when it does work, it will play maybe three songs and then in the third song, will not allow me to skip ahead, skip backwards or otherwise navigate. Once the song is done playing, nothing else plays after that. I received a SW update yesterday and installed it, but the issue existed prior to the update, and was not fixed by the update. I have Premium Connectivity paid for through March of 2023.

Here is what I have done -

- reset the screen
- logged out of Spotify and logged back in in both the car and the app on my phone.
- used another streaming option (XM from my phone) then switched back to Spotify - then I just get the spinning circle where the 'play' symbol would be.

There are no current issues with Spotify, according to their twitter. The 'Streaming' app works fine, as does streaming XM from my phone. Using the Spotify app from my phone through Bluetooth works normally. It's just Spotify app in the car.

Any thoughts on other things I can try?
My issue with Spotify started 2 days ago and before that it was working fine.
Here is my issue:
Spotify starts playing only the first song in a playlist. If you switch songs, the screen will change to the new song graphic and song title. The loading button is spinning and the pause or fast forward button are not available and the original song keeps playing in the background. After the original songs completes, it will not shuffle but proceed to next song in the playlist or just stop altogether. As you are pressing other songs to try to listen to, the graphics and song title will change but nothing plays until you eventually get a loading error. Switching to Slacker or Bluetooth will play correctly but switching back to Spotify will not work.

I have rebooted and logged out of Spotify to no avail. I updated software recently but I think it worked a few days afterwards before this started so I can not put this on a software bug in the new load.

My issue with Spotify started 2 days ago and before that it was working fine.
Here is my issue:
Spotify starts playing only the first song in a playlist. If you switch songs, the screen will change to the new song graphic and song title. The loading button is spinning and the pause or fast forward button are not available and the original song keeps playing in the background. After the original songs completes, it will not shuffle but proceed to next song in the playlist or just stop altogether. As you are pressing other songs to try to listen to, the graphics and song title will change but nothing plays until you eventually get a loading error. Switching to Slacker or Bluetooth will play correctly but switching back to Spotify will not work.

I have rebooted and logged out of Spotify to no avail. I updated software recently but I think it worked a few days afterwards before this started so I can not put this on a software bug in the new load.
That's exactly the issue I have. It happens to be stuck on America's 'Ventura Highway' so that's not too bad but.... I just logged out of Spotify in the car, rebooted the screen and logged back in. I picked 'Planet Claire' by the B-52's and that played. Will see when I go out in a bit if it is actually fixed.

My Spotify went wackco after my Infotainment upgrade. For the most part, I can play songs. But if I choose the "Play Radio" of a song or artist, the feature that will play songs similar to the selection, things get weird quick.

The main issue with pressing the "play radio" button is that it will only play one song and then stop. If I try to fast forward to a new song, Spotify will go into a loop of "play, pause, play, pause, stop". Playing albums and artists lists work fine ... mostly. But the Play Radio function, which I love most, is really broken. Looking at moving to Tidal if this doesn't get fixed soon.

I've tried all the above fixes too, i.e., changing wheel configs, log out/in, soft/hard reboot, change name of vehicle to Creosote, etc. Nothing has fixed this issue.