Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange tesla comments in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year at the American Car Day, I was in the passenger seat of Meloccom's Tesla and the guy in the drivers seat said "I want to hear what it sounds like when you start it". Its electric. It is silent. "What is that hum" . . . . It was the air conditioner compressor running

Last year at the American Car Day, I was in the passenger seat of Meloccom's Tesla and the guy in the drivers seat said "I want to hear what it sounds like when you start it". Its electric. It is silent. "What is that hum" . . . . It was the air conditioner compressor running
With the 40+ weather we've been having in Adelaide of late my aircon compressor is louder than a petrol engine!

Gudday Paulp

The thermostatic fans on the condenser unit need to ramp up speed and thus Cubic feet per minute over the coils to strip off heat. It is more or less a function of the constant flow of pressurized coolant thru the system and the quantity of air that's forced over the condenser that determines the amount of cold air you feel in the cabin and thus the rate of cooldown. When your parked or in slow moving traffic the condenser doesn't have the ram force fed airflow of the momentum of the car so its compensates by boosting with the electrostatic fans. Almost as soon as you accumulate a bit of speed the aircon should drop back to a whisper.

While stopped at a set of lights at Edgecliff in Sydney a van ran into the back of me, I asked what was he thinking. The car is completed Blacked Out, chrome, letters and numbers He said "I did not know what it was so I was just trying to get close enough to see" I lost the car for two weeks getting it repaired. I see him once a week in his van driving around and I sigh

While stopped at a set of lights at Edgecliff in Sydney a van ran into the back of me, I asked what was he thinking. The car is completed Blacked Out, chrome, letters and numbers He said "I did not know what it was so I was just trying to get close enough to see" I lost the car for two weeks getting it repaired. I see him once a week in his van driving around and I sigh

it sounds like he's short-sighted and needs an optometrist!

George wrote today: "I just got a call from someone in the office asking me if I wanted to cancel this afternoons meeting. I stupidly asked why and the answer I got was that it was raining. Won't your car short out?"

From the mouths of babes. Today I took the kids to their Vacation swim classes where they have been learning swimming and water safety. When we returned to the car the 6 year old asked me if it was ok that she was still in her bathers and a bit wet because she didn't want to be electrocuted

But you get so many crazy comments whilst at bunnings....

My mother took her P85D to Bunnings and she has the number plates "BATTERY" and this guy approached her and asked if she has a battery business. She's was like no it's an electric car. He's like what really? An electric car? I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. We always thought we would get a comment like that with those plates.

My mother took her P85D to Bunnings and she has the number plates "BATTERY" and this guy approached her and asked if she has a battery business. She's was like no it's an electric car. He's like what really? An electric car? I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. We always thought we would get a comment like that with those plates.

Oh, I thought she must have been a criminal lawyer, could have ASSAULT on another car :)