Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Tesla model 3 sound close to woodbar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

This is my first post at this forums. I'm very excited to report that I've been driving my Tesla Model 3 for the past month. What an engineering masterpiece! I'm very happy with my car so far.

However, this week I developed a (really) minor issue. There's a strange sound that I can notice while accelerating and breaking at any speed. I've been able to locate the cause, it seems to come from the silver bar next to the wood bar in the area located a few inches right from the steering wheel. I'm sure that many other cars could have similar issues but for sure they would be masked out due to engine noise.

Find attached a link to a video file here, even gentle pressure does trigger the sound. I haven't contacted Tesla service as this is really minor and wanted to check if there's a quick solution to fix this.

Any hints would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

I have the exact same noise.....comes and goes. Seems like it depends on the ambient temperature.
Haven't been able to do anything about it though. But can be super annoying.
(October 2018 build)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Hi there new guy here lol. I would recommend calling Tesla and making an appointment for mobile service. Tesla’s mobile service is so easy and convenient. Perfect for a concern like this. Yeah u can try and fix it, but what if u mess something up or damage anything in trying to fix the noise? Just a thought