Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange visualization tonight.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving, my car showed three thick red semicircles on three of the four corners (two red, one yellow), not at all like the short range parking/distance visualization. No other traffic or road showing- I’ve never seen this visualization. At low speed/stopped, it just showed the car. When I started driving > 10, the odd visualization returned

I rebooted the screen, and the normal driving visualization returned.

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
While driving, my car showed three thick red semicircles on three of the four corners (two red, one yellow), not at all like the short range parking/distance visualization. No other traffic or road showing- I’ve never seen this visualization. At low speed/stopped, it just showed the car. When I started driving > 10, the odd visualization returned

9837D1C8-71DD-46AA-9904-97A7ED9E7ACF.jpeg

That's when the car senses a curb, or an obstacle (concrete barrier, etc)... but it's super sensitive, so it was also disconcerting to me the first time. You can be in the middle of a street with a median, and it'd still show that, so no worries :).

Hey, where the heck did you find CNN and MSNBC? I couldn't find them. Just found 'ABC News', which is just pre-recorded segments. Thank you.
JC

That's when the car senses a curb, or an obstacle (concrete barrier, etc)... but it's super sensitive, so it was also disconcerting to me the first time. You can be in the middle of a street with a median, and it'd still show that, so no worries :).

Hey, where the heck did you find CNN and MSNBC? I couldn't find them. Just found 'ABC News', which is just pre-recorded segments. Thank you.
JC
Maybe Sirius XM. I have a streaming subscription and get all channels streamed from my iPhone. Or in his case these are Tune In radio stations.

It is the ultrasonic sensors while driving. Maybe you should take a look at this applicable document called the MANUAL.o_O It is full of these " strange visualizations" and contains all kinds of useful information related to your car.:eek: As an added bonus you can even view on your Model 3's screen.:D

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 6.19.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 6.18.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 6.18.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 6.18.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 6.17.50 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gasaraki
It is the ultrasonic sensors while driving. Maybe you should take a look at this applicable document called the MANUAL.o_O It is full of these " strange visualizations" and contains all kinds of useful information related to your car.:eek: As an added bonus you can even view on your Model 3's screen.:D

Yes.... I'm used to seeing the visualizations posted, but not what I saw last night. There were never any other cars, never any roadway shown, no other obstacles, etc... just my car, 'supersized' with the 'supersized' circles.

And there were no other obstacles around (I tested it by driving through an empty parking lot with no medians), so it is NOT the ultrasonics picking up anything. All that persisted until I rebooted the screen. Then visualizations returned to normal.

It's a bug, I'm just asking if anyone else has seen this visualization before

JC

When did you buy your vehicle? Mine is August 2019, they had different tiers of what internet connectivity/streaming you got. I got the lifetime data, but a later purchase I think you have to pay $10/mo or so to get some data/streams. I think CNN and MSNBC are on TuneIn,, but I'll double check.

Did you recently get a new software update? Because my sensors showed alot more of those proximity warnings on the display after one of the updates.

When did you buy your vehicle? I think CNN and MSNBC are on TuneIn,, but I'll double check.
Bought it last month, so it still has 11 months of 'premium connectivity' left. It should be the same thing you have. I have the 'TuneIn' button in there, but didn't see those options there. Maybe I missed something. I'd greatly appreciate details where you found them. Maybe it's XM, or something else that needs subscription, but want to locate them and see what's the deal. Thank you.

As far as those 'curves', I don't remember them being so obtrusive before, so probably something one of the latest updates made more sensitive. I don't pay attention to them anymore, but it's kind of annoying to see them there all the time. Wish the darn turn-signal lights were that annoying. Ha ha.

• Funny
Reactions: Arthur31 and Pemple
It's not exactly your problem but I see the amber ones all the time now because the snowplows have banked the snow on the roadsides. I'm not even close to hitting them but it's constantly flashing the warnings. It does seem a little sensitive but they probably calibrated it in California not wintery NJ!

I've had the same thing happen once. Started the car and whenever it was moving I had this visualization. When I stopped the red proximity arcs disappeared and then reappeared as soon as I moved again. Nothing else in the visualization as you can see below. I finished driving and after getting back in for the next drive the problem was gone and hasn't reappeared. I didn't reboot, just started driving after a stop. Running 2020.48.30 at the time

PXL_20210117_062915268.MP.jpg

Reactions: sdrevik
A very odd thing showed up on my car visualization today. I was driving on the freeway with AP engaged, during the drive the lane depicted on the screen that I was in became a multicolored lane that I was driving over, like a neverending rainbow. I'm on 2022.20.8 it went away after a few minutes. I have no idea what caused it or why it went away. I wish I had my phone out so I could've recorded it. Anyone else see such a thing?

A very odd thing showed up on my car visualization today. I was driving on the freeway with AP engaged, during the drive the lane depicted on the screen that I was in became a multicolored lane that I was driving over, like a neverending rainbow. I'm on 2022.20.8 it went away after a few minutes. I have no idea what caused it or why it went away. I wish I had my phone out so I could've recorded it. Anyone else see such a thing?
Were you driving to NeverNeverLand?