Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange volate and SOC readings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My roadster is sitting in the garage for about 6 weeks. I regularly check SOC, just to be sure everything is ok. Yesterday I had this readings:

V&T: Vmin: 3.79, Vmax:3.81
SOC: MIN/LIM: 47%, MAX: 55%

That seems odd. While voltage show a perfectly balanced battery, SOC shows the opposite. Isn't SOC calculated based on voltage? Why that can happen? And which of both is correct now? 8% difference in SOC seems very high, because AFAIK balancing starts only if lowest brick is 82% or higher, so I would need to charge in range mode to start balancing, right?

thanks, pascal

Do a standard charge and see where your brick differential is once fully charged. Once you get to 82% fully charged... see where the difference is.
Pulling the logs is helpful as well. The ahr.log file shows detail into on each bricks SOC, voltage, etc Lots of info to digest if you want detail info on your battery health. Use vmsparser or similar to decipher the tar files.
Pm me if you need more in-depth info for analysts.

I suggest you charge in standard mode to the max it will go to, do not unplug, and then leave it to balance. At least overnight (12+ hours), but longer if you can. Then, have a look at the MIN/MAX SOC figures. Also have a look at the diagnostics balancing screen while plugged in after max charge, and see what that shows.

If still >3% difference, pull the logs. They'll have the details down to the brick level.